Officially beginning to a new food mindset

Ch3ltc

Goodmorning!

I have officially completed the audiobook and have begun my Whole30 journey. I started paying attention to my cravings and what triggered them while listening to the book and sugar dragon is an understatement for me. I have never been so scared of the craving as I did when I consciously did not choose the sweets for a few weeks and had cake at a baby shower without completely following the system. It was a demon of a craving that hurt my chest and I sadly succumbed too but holy cow it was a scary feeling the need my body made me feel for carrot cake of all things. This morning I had a scramble of two eggs, peppers, kale, carrots, olives. Then my coffee with almond unsweetened creamer. If I am following the 3 meals every 4-5 hours. I will be eating lunch around 10 am and dinner before I leave work. . .  that isn't practical for my lifestyle. Any tips from some 8-5 ers out there that rise early but have scheduled lunch hours?? ** side note. . . I work at a computer and have had a tendency to mindless munch in the past, so that is something else I am trying to overcome. 

• Moderators

Maybe try a mini meal at 10 am, something with some protein, some fat, and maybe some veggies, but not a full meal. A hard boiled egg, some mayo, a few carrot sticks, or a few bites of chicken with some guac. That should be enough to get you to lunch, and then hopefully dinner will be soon enough that you can make it til then, but if you need to eat something before, again go for some protein, some fat, and some vegetables, as opposed to snacky things like handfuls of nuts, and definitely don't go for fruit on it's own, just because it can mess with your blood sugar a bit.

Archived