Poo problems and candida

So I’m on R1D28! But... I quit my fiber supplements while on the program and now my irregularity issues and hemorrhoids are coming back. I though this diet would fix these things. Is there something I could be doing wrong?  

Also my candida came back. I quit yogurt so I’m wondering if probiotic supplements are needed. (Please don’t recommend kimchi, kombucha, fermented foods because they tend to give me gas and reflux.

• Whole30 Certified Coach
On 6/18/2019 at 3:37 PM, Oaklandish1 said:

So I’m on R1D28! But... I quit my fiber supplements while on the program and now my irregularity issues and hemorrhoids are coming back. I though this diet would fix these things. Is there something I could be doing wrong?  

Also my candida came back. I quit yogurt so I’m wondering if probiotic supplements are needed. (Please don’t recommend kimchi, kombucha, fermented foods because they tend to give me gas and reflux.

You have great questions.  I have spent a lot of time in functional medicine resources as I have had many GI issues myself.  When you mention to me that fermented foods give you gas and reflux, it immediately makes me think of SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth).  I am not a functional medicine doctor, but in my experience this is what I have learned.  I do highly recommend you seeing a functional medicine practitioner to help you navigate both the SIBO and candida -- again, I took this route and had much relief.  I did 5 rounds of Whole30 in 2 years without relief of this issue.  Not sure if you saw the SteadyMD information through Whole30, but depending on the state you live in, you could see one of their practitioners virtually. 

https://drwillcole.com/gut-health/sibo/

https://www.steadymd.com/whole-30/

• 2 weeks later...

I’m pretty sure the problems with kimchi have more to do with the capsaicin... spicy food makes me sick. Like, vomiting and nausea for hours afterward. I absolutely cannot have anything derived from chilis, it’s been like this since I was in my teens.

It’s not so much heartburn/reflux, it’s more that anything carbonated seems to make me painfully bloated and burp-y, this is how I feel after drinking kombucha, sparkling water, champagne, sodas, etc.

Archived