Casava Root

mflan

So I am on day 8 --  and determined. But struggling with what I cannot include.....  I am celiac, fibro, CFS --  So I get how to just not eat certain foods.  So for me it is the basic - NO on all grains, alcohol, sugar, legumes and all dairy.  Was already off cow dairy.  But then I need to add the night shades, and through allergy testing, shellfish, nuts, sesame, turkey (not sure about other fowl), chicken eggs - but am okay with duck eggs.   And I have a list of fruits and vegetables that I need to rotate.  Yes -  I feel like I have lost my mind and it is easier to just not eat.  So where are there recipes for me... Because many of the spice combinations include paprika or chili etc...  many of the recipes have tomatoes - etc....  So I believe all the roots are okay.  Can I make a tortilla out of Casava root -  or is that too processed?

• Moderators

For recipes, look for AIP (autoimmune protocol) recipes, they won't have peppers or tomatoes or eggs, so they might fit what you're needing a little better. Here's some that say they're also whole30 compliant, though I haven't looked at every single one of them to double check:  https://meatified.com/30-aip-whole30-recipes/

Tortillas or wraps are not ok because it's re-creating a bread-like product, but you could roast the cassava or make mashed cassava.

Archived