Starting July 1 - Anyone want to join me?

SweatyBetty

A little about me.....I did a Whole30 a few years ago and never felt better.  Then I talked and ate my way back into old habits.  Now, I'm overweight, sad and feel crap-tacular.  I need to do this so I can feel better, physically and mentally.  I'm 5'1(ish) and I weigh in the ballpark of 170 pounds.  I gain weight in my mid-section and I hide it well, most times, with my clothes.  

If anyone is interested in being my July buddy, that would be great!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!  I'm Char Gorman and am toying with a June 24th or July 1st start date.  We have some big celebrations coming up this week (my bday, my work going away party and others), so I'm thinking it best to start July 1.  Let me know if you're committed to this date and I'll start with you.

Sounds good to me! I've already cut out a lot of grains and sugar as I've been reading up on Whole30. I know a bit of the basics of, but I got my book in the mail today, so I'm looking forward to learning more. My doctor recommended Whole30 to lower my cholesterol and I do need to lose some extra weight. I'm also hoping this will help with my blood pressure. Let's do it, ladies!!

Hi, I am rejoining and starting today.  I have done this several times in the past, and only finished once.  I have been playing around with other diets and have been unable to commit.  What I have accomplished is cleaning out my house of any sugars, breads etc.  My motivation this time is that my son wants to do a strict Keto.  I do not do well on Dairy but thought this would be a nice compromise.  I will just add cheese to his portions.  He lost 50 lbs and then gained back 20.  I have put on the standard peri menopause 20 in the last year, went up a size and turned 55.  I am tired, weak and sore.  I did start exercising again and have started ballroom dance lessons to add some fun to my life.  Now I just need to lose the belly.  :)

I would love some support!  

Took the plunge and started today!  Would love to support you all in your journey as well... it makes the tough times easier when you have support.  

@CarolMaureen - How's day 1 going so far?  I hear you on needing to lose the belly... I call mine my "wine belly" and guess what?  It's gotta go! 

Day 1 here is good so far, but I already have a headache.  It must be the sugar calling :)

I had started on June 10th, but got knocked out of the program this week by an ugly bug and resulting treatment. If I've counted right, should be done with meds around the 1st, would love to join in and try to regain the forward momentum I had going.

I've done W30 a few times before, know the positive results it can bring about and am badly in need of them. 

Hi everyone!

I'm starting on July 1st!  This will be my first time with this program.

A little about me - 29 years old, recently-ish married so the "happy" weight has definitely caught up with me.  I am at the heaviest I've ever been and overall just not happy with myself or my food choices.  I'm looking forward to getting back on track with a healthier lifestyle, especially before we start our family!

Hi everyone!  Sorry about the delay in writing back - caught a cold last weekend so it's knocked me on my butt.  

I'm so happy to have many great people who want to support each other in July!  

I'm off work tomorrow so I will be making my fridge and condo Whole30 ready!  

Hi,

love to join you! I did a whole30 in 2014 and loved it. I am looking forward to do it again and stay on a lowcarb food pattern. My biggest problem with leaving carbs out is charley horse cramps. But I think I am solving that problem since I found out that I have a shortage of some minerals. 

I am 62 yrs old and love cooking. My husband supports me. Since I have a three week period with lots of work starting july 22nd he will have to cook all the meals. Looking forward to a healthier life , loosing weight and sleep a little better. Nice to have a support group!

I would love to join you! I am around 150 pounds and hate it...also 5’1”. I did whole 30 once before and loved it. Then there was a death in my family and I went right to wine, sugar and carbs. I need to jump start healthy eating again!

My name is Katie. This is my first time trying Whole 30. My doctor recommended it as I have major bloating and constipation issues. That may be TMI but gotta keep it real to keep me motivated. I am starting on July 1st and ready to change my life!!!

Goodmorning! I wish everyone lots of succes. It will be an extra challenge for me because I want to combine this with a repair program for my leaky gut. So eggs tomatoes spinach are also off my list. 

What is on the menu today? Since i just finished a three day course with my hubbie I do not have anything prepared. I will do that today. But in my freezer I found a compliant meal salmon with greens.

Hello Everyone! I will be joining everyone for the July Whole 30. I've done it once before. Loved everything about it. I have a sugar problem and need a reset. I'm a runner too. I remember having a sustained energy issue while on the whole30, but I upped my sweet potatoes/potatoes intake and that really helped! I'll stay connected 

Below is a link to the Whole 30 Calendar in case anyone wants to print it off to mark the days off! Cheers to everyone on this journey!

Adam

https://www.google.com/search?q=whole+30+calendar&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS809US809&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjkh8SXqZPjAhWWWM0KHbIADNUQ_AUIECgB&biw=1280&bih=666#imgrc=hd6UekPRoS7yWM:

Hello Everyone! 

Starting my 4th Round of the Whole30 Challenge today in preparation for my wedding in September and looking for an accountability group. I've been doing Whole30 challenges for over five years now and I love the energy and confidence it brings me. I tried restarting last month and let work stress get in the way of a successful challenge (I got a week and a half into it) but this time around I'd like to finish the challenge with no slips. 

I've recently noticed irregular sleep patterns and high anxiety levels returning so I decided it was time to be serious about my whole30 challenge. I've been following a paleo lifestyle while I'm off the challenge but have slipped in some occasional cheese and bread these last couple of weeks. I've noticed that I turn to processed foods when I'm overly stressed. 

I recently read Food Freedom Forever by Melissa Hartwig and loved it. I used to beat myself up when I reverted back to bad eating habits. Now, I'm able to look for signals that I'm going off course and gently nudge myself back to a healthier lifestyle. 

Looking forward to getting to know all of you over the next 30 days! Have a great first day! 

I did a Whole30 a few years ago.. it turned into a whole 60.. and then came the holidays.  I have always meant to do it again.. but i got lazy and just never got to it.  

Actually.. I did do a few here and there.. but never with the same full enthusiasm and planning.

I'm actually NOT starting on July 1 because I'm not prepared.. meaning i have not planned yet.. and failure to plan means planning to fail.  

I'm hoping to start next Friday - but I'm excited to see you all on your journeys in the meanwhile.. and will try to be as compliant as possible until next week!  :)

Have fun!

Ok. Here we are day #1. (Like I mentioned above) Gonna be honest that I have a bit of fear with the fact I run and wanted to be able to at least eat grains. I remember how sluggish my runs were the first time I did Whole30. I decided I'm going to do this 100% compliant, and just allow myself to run and workout at whatever pace this reset allows. Gonna be eating a lot of potatoes and anything with complex carbs haha. One day at a time. I'm heading out for my therapy session and a run, but will be around a bit later and check in! 

Cheers to everyone, and I know we'll be able to chat and throw some ideas around about what we're enjoying about the reset, and what's a struggle or needs to be brought to light. 

Adam

• Moderators

Hi, @AdamzW30 -- there are some new guidelines about pre and post-workout foods that might be helpful for you:  https://whole30.com/2019/02/whole30-pre-workout-post-workout/. If you felt like the previous guidelines were working for you, you could definitely keep following them, but since you mentioned your runs being sluggish before, you might try the new one guidelines and see if it's any better for you. 

Hello all!

I, too, have started today.  Happy to join the rest of you in this journey!  This will be my second Whole30 round, the first one was back in October of last year (pre-holidays!).  I learned so much about myself, my habits, and nutrition in general on my first go that I'm excited about what other knowledge comes my way this round.  I'm doing a second round for two reasons.   While I did keep reasonably healthy eating habits post-Whole30, I didn't do a proper re-introduction, so I'd like the opportunity to be more disciplined about that, even though I honestly didn't notice much of a difference other than either gluten and/or dairy sometimes definitely can make me bloated, so there's that!

The second reason is that in the past few months, there's been lots of celebrations, parties, weddings, holidays, family gatherings, and vacation.   My diet has been less than ideal during those times, and, more importantly, there's been a lot of cocktailing during those good times.  ;)

After all that, I decided to do Dry July and sort of flush out my system of all those toxins that a boozy couple of months can do.  And I figured, hey, why not just do a Whole30 while at it, and actually do the proper re-introduction!

So here I am! Ready for a great 30 days to come!  (Ok, 40, because reintroduction.  Need to mentally prepare myself to remember this time!)

Good luck to us all!

Archived