Team outing to La Roma - Greek - Advice please

Tomorrow my team is going to La Roma, which is a greek restaruant.

https://www.laromapizzatulsa.com/

I don't eat Greek or Mediterranean food very often.

Can anyone make a suggestion of what might be "safe"?

I was thinking a Shawram Platter with no bread and no Rice, but with Carrot Sticks.

Or a few Cabbage Rolls and 1 serving of Baba Ghanoush with no bread but Carrot Sticks.

Thank you!

• Moderators

You would need to contact the restaurant and ask them what they use to season with, what they put in anything you might be interested in eating - the cabbage rolls have cracked wheat in them according to the menu so those would be out.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Agreed. I always recommend calling the restaurant before you go during an "off peak" hour such as between lunch and dinner rush to speak directly with the chef.  You could then ask about all their marinades and also as what they recommend with your restrictions.  

Any traditionally prepared hummus would be made from chickpeas/garbanzo beans, which would make it off-limits, right.

It's definitely worth taking the time to look over the menu and select a few things which sound appetizing, and then calling to ask about the specifics for each thing (remember to ask about marinades on meat and dressing ingredients, in addition to the obvious questions of what's actually in the stuff). I'd expect them to rely heavily on olive oil, which would be good, but I've been unpleasantly surprised before by places that should have used olive by default and finding out they actually use canola oil instead, so again... never assume, always ask.

Archived