Getting Ready for first round of Whole30....anyone else starting tomorrow?

AimHigh22

On 6/22/2019 at 12:29 PM, Felicia1971 said:

I started on Thursday. My husband tried too, but work demands couldn’t keep up...after two days. I am in day three!

how are you guys doing so far?

Felicia

Hey Felicia1971....we are on day 3 today and to be honest, I'm so ready to quit! My husband is just getting started as he got a stomach bug on day 1. I'm not used to meal prepping so much and I'm still on detox from sugar and crap so I'm sure that's why I feel like quitting.  

How are you doing? Got any favorite recipes?

Hi AimHigh22 - I hope your Whole30 is still going well.  I started today and you're right, the food prep is crazy, but the results you'll see at the end of 30 days will be worth it.  I've done it once before and never felt better in my lift.  If you need an accountability buddy, let me know.

Char

Hey CharGorman....Day 4 here and I would love an accountability buddy. I've done every "diet" or "food plan" you can name and had momentary success on some of them but nothing has really changed bad habits for the long term. Have a good friend who just completed her first Whole30 about 3 months ago and she raves about the results. To be honest, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the results be as amazing as she claims. How was your first experience with Whole30? What brings you back to do another round? 

I am starting today  and would love the support of a group.  I am already wanting to cheat.  I feel like i battle the way through my day and deserve something carbish or a glass of wine.  I used to be able to get away with a lot but now that I am hitting perimenopause  I cant lose the belly.  I also have less energy and struggle to make it to the gym.  I had done this (the whole 30)  a few times a few years back and nothing else has worked so I either need to make better choices  or be okay  with the added weight, achy body etc.

How are you all making out this week?

Carol

Hey CarolMaureen....welcome to the club, I wanted to cheat on day 2, 3 and 4 also. I'm starting day 5 today so hopefully that urge will be gone. The food prep is still killing me so I'm trying to simplify recipes so I don't feel so overwhelmed while also trying not to get bored with food. I'm kind of a mess! lol!  Hope we can be encouraging to each other!

@AimHigh22 - Awesome job on getting to day 5... congrats!  The first 2 weeks are tough, but once you hit week three it all becomes worth it.  Day 1 here was a success, but I had headaches and crazy sugar cravings.  It's scary to think how dependent our bodies become on sugar, right?! 

You asked what brings me back for a 2nd round of Whole30... it's insanity!  JK!  It was my lack of energy, eczema I never seemed to have before showing up on my face randomly and my wine belly!   I know deep down that my food choices (lots of processed food and wine over the last two years due to a very busy work travel schedule and a divorce) are causing me to be tired, gain weight and impact my mood.  After the first Whole30, I had crazy amounts of energy, my skin was glowing, my cravings were gone and I lost the stubborn belly and thigh fat I'd been trying to get rid of.  Unfortunately, I didn't go through the re-introduction phase to figure out what foods triggered my ailments and after a vacation a few months later I fell off the rails.  It's been a couple years and I'm ready to feel good.  No, wait, I'm ready to feel GREAT!  We owe it to ourselves and our loved ones to be the best version of ourselves we can be and only we have the power to make that happen, right?  At least that's what I keep telling myself. :)  

Enough about me... how are you feeling today?  Have you noticed any effects yet; positive or negative?

@CarolMaureen - Congrats on your decision to take the plunge again.  That's amazing!  They say Whole30 isn't hard, but it is.  My cravings in the evening after a day of work are insane too.  Do you feel like that's the hardest part of your day?  I also feel you on the belly... the damn thing gets more and more stubborn every year!  Unfortunately, as we age we just don't have as much latitude as we use to... and that sucks!  But, at least we have a way to get rid of it.  So curious to hear how day 1 went and how you're doing.  Please let us know!

Also, I wanted to share a quick tip to help with the wine cravings... muddle some fresh mint in a glass, pour in watermelon sparkling water (you can find it at whole foods), a little bit of watermelon water (whole foods again) and a ton of fresh squeezed lime in a wine glass and sip.  Is it as good as wine, hell no.  But, it helps take the edge off.  

Good luck today, ladies!  We got this!

I'm on day 3 today and no cravings so far. 

Day 1 has been reeeeally tough. After my first Whole30 Dinner (beef patty, 1/2 avocado, 1 boiled egg, greek salad) I felt extremely nauseous and had a headache, which resulted in throwing up a few hours later... Day 2 was fine, but I haven't had a huge amount of fat all day because I was scared from the day before. :wacko: Today after lunch (1 boiled egg, canned tuna, 1/4 avocado, tomato, cucumber, salad, fresh spinach) I feel nauseous again, but no headache so far. Is this normal? :( 

@akrin - Congrats on 3 days in!  I'm definitely not a professional at this, but can say I've had the same issue in the past with similar meals early on.  Not sure if it's due to all the raw veggies at one time (I'm not use to eating big salads) or what.  Maybe it just takes some time for our tummies to adjust to all the raw fiber?  I don't know?  It did get better though.  In the meantime, maybe try roasted or stewed veggies with spices instead of salad/raw spinach.  That seemed to help me.  

We are starting this weekend.  We'll do our shopping on Saturday and then, depending on meal prep, start on Sunday or Monday.  July 4 might be tough (I mean, who doesn't love corn on the cob in summer?) but we are ready!

I wonder if that’s what happened to my husband...@akrin. He got what we thought was a stomach bug (and shoot, maybe it was) but it threw him off for about a day and a half. But he’s since bounced back. I agree with @CharGorman...maybe try cooking some veggies. 

Hello, all :)  I'm not with you on your timeline here, but saw that there was some early nausea, which can definitely happen as your body is detoxing from everything that we leave out for Whole30. My first few days were pretty hellish, in fact, and one day in particular I spend in bed surviving on very little apart from pain meds and nausea meds... but getting past that was worth it, and the start of round 2 was much easier :) Good luck to you all!

On 6/23/2019 at 2:41 PM, AimHigh22 said:

Hey Felicia1971....we are on day 3 today and to be honest, I'm so ready to quit! My husband is just getting started as he got a stomach bug on day 1. I'm not used to meal prepping so much and I'm still on detox from sugar and crap so I'm sure that's why I feel like quitting.  

How are you doing? Got any favorite recipes?

Replace it with Matcha, the Ceremonial Grade. It has more caffeine and you can make Matcha latte with Coconut milk. Delish! Plus better heath benefits. Research it!

Just sent you a longer message :)

Felicia

Archived