Newby

MissEngland

Hi you guys out there. This is the first forum I’ve ever joined. Since moving from London to AZ I’ve gained 45 Ibs. I feel awful about myself and need to lose weight. I’ve chosen the whole 30 because it’s not to dissimilar from my current diet. I’m a celiac so I don’t eat most common grains. However, I replace these grains with a lot of rice and gluten free grains. I also drink wine and I love dairy, cream and cheese are daily habits. 

My biggest concern is planning my meals and snacks so I don’t reach for the usual ‘suspects’. Also, money is a concern. Many of the ingredients in the Whole Foods book are expensive. 

If you have any tips for me, they would be greatly appreciated.

Denise Potter AKA Miss England

• Moderators

Hi, Denise. The expense of eating this way is a concern for many people. If you Google something like whole30 forum budget, you should find past discussions, and there are a ton of bloggers out there who blog about different approaches to whole30, including plenty who talk about doing it on a budget. Here's one blog post that has some good tips: https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2018/02/whole30-on-a-budget/, or you can Google whole30 on a budget to find more. Just remember to pay attention, some people will say something is whole30 when it isn't so always check all the ingredients for yourself to be sure it's okay.

Archived