First timer - started this morning!

ColleenDL

I just wanted to say hi and I'm very excited (and a bit nervous) to start this journey!  I've wanted to make a change for a while and this program/lifestyle reboot seems like the way to go.  I love a challenge.   I'm currently in my kitchen prepping meals for the week.   Any tips on how to not lose this early excitement/momentum?

Thanks!!

6 hours ago, ColleenDL said:

I'm currently in my kitchen prepping meals for the week.   Any tips on how to not lose this early excitement/momentum?

I'm new too! Today is...day 11 for me...so I don't have too much wisdom to offer ^_^.....but I do have support to offer!

One thing that has helped me remain excited is to try a new vegetable or dish 1x/week (or more for bonus!) For example, I tried radishes for the first time last week and tonight I'm meal prepping eggplant "steaks". I've found that investing some time and getting excited about researching fun recipes has kept me engaged! Looking forward to following you on your journey!

• Whole30 Certified Coach
16 hours ago, ColleenDL said:

Any tips on how to not lose this early excitement/momentum?

Thanks!!

Hello! Welcome and I hope you have an impactful journey! It is slightly inevitable to get "bored" with the process later.  It's even weaved into the emotional calendar, have you seen that already?  Here's a resource from Whole30 website re: Whole30 boredom. https://whole30.com/2019/02/whole30-bored/ You could keep this aside for when you need to mix things up a bit to stay on track.  All the best!

Archived