This was my doctor's prescription

Marcy Ratcliff

Hi! Recently on a hike I may have been bitten by a tick, but since I didn't actually see a tick or a bulls-eye rash, just started developing symptoms of Bartonella (a common co-infection with Lyme), when I got in to see a naturopath she didn't want to put me on antiobiotics, but prescribed some antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory supplements -- and an anti-inflammatory, Whole30-ish diet. After talking over my medical history and habits she thought I'd be okay still eating legumes and gluten-free grains, but recommended checking out It Starts With Food.

So I started taking my supplements and changing my diet, except for a camping trip with family where she said not to stress about it, just go on vacation.

And then I got back and started reading It Starts With Food. I found the science fascinating! Though it's the potential Bartonella infection and tick bite that brought me here, and though I don't need to lose weight, I see a lot of signs of systemic inflammation in myself, like possible endometriosis and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (a genetic collagen disorder, but I had a flare where it got particularly painful after a complicated pregnancy with LOTS of sleep deprivation). So now I want to do the whole program. Even if I start in just a couple days my 30 days will overlap a bit at the end with flying to my brother's wedding, but I don't want to put this off until after the wedding, especially since I need to be eating such a similar diet to the Whole30 regardless. So I'm on step 3 of my prep, jumping in! Hello everyone!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

So glad you are here, Marcy!  Not only is the science fascinating.... it REALLY works!! Wishing you all the best on your journey and when the going gets tough, don't be too hard on yourself.  If you need accountability, find out what that would look like for you and I hope you see it through for your health -- it will change your life :)

Archived