I did it!

ShieldMaiden

It wasn't even hard after the first 3 days! But the first three days I felt a little lightheaded and just out of it, I increased plated fat and the general quantity of food I was eating and that feeling went away. Day 3 was quite a lot of time in the bathroom. ha ha! But after that it was smooth sailing. I have been telling a lot of people about the plan because it has really helped me. I think so many of our health problems can be simply solved with nutrition. Things I noticed during my 30 days: My brain started to work more quickly and efficiently, it just felt very sharp and fast! My energy was more consistent and stable. I barely drink coffee now, I find I just don't even crave it like I did. My skin looks healthier (though I still need to figure out what is causing my break outs. hormonal? Just need more time on the plan?). And I lost 10 lbs.  I want to lose a little bit more to feel more comfortable, so I am going to try Noom next. It seems pretty useful so far! Now that I have healthy eating under control, I think it is time to focus on exercise and caloric intake (I think I am eating too much salad dressing). Yay!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Congratulations on finishing your Whole30! That's amazing! It looks like you have experienced so many NSV...yay! Are you starting a systematic reintroduction today? I can't stress enough how valuable and important it is to follow through with the reintroduction period...that's where the gold is in terms of really learning how certain foods affect you. You mentioned so many positive results you've seen, it would be great to experiment with reintroducing different foods and see how they each affect your energy, cravings, ability to stay focused and clear, etc. You may also find something that makes your breakouts worse... 

I know weight loss is a big goal for many people who take on a Whole30, but I want to encourage you to not lose sight of all of those NSVs and what the program has taught you about your relationship with food and listening to your body. It's easy to jump back into the diet mentality and scrutinize things like salad dressing and counting calories...resist the urge :) You've come so far! Keep working on your reintroduction and food freedom (ps...have you read Food Freedom Forever? I highly recommend it!! It helped me so much and just really made the idea of true food freedom more accessible and tangible for me ).

Thank you! I will systematically reintroduce but I think I may just do the slow roll because right now I am not really feeling like I am missing or craving anything. I think this weekend my friend is teaching me to make Macarons, so I need to scrutinize the ingredient list because that may be my first reintroduction. Thanks, I will look for that book! I wonder if I just stay on whole30 if I would continue to lose more weight naturally or if 10lbs is my max. I feel like I should lose maybe just 10-20 for health reasons and comfort. Whole30 this is pretty easy for me, so if that is all I need to do, that would be great...

Archived