Mighty Bars

Approaching the end of our first 30 days and planning reintroductions.

I understand Epic bars are compliant. It seems ti ne Mighty Bars may also be but I can't find any Whole30 references, so I would appreciate some input. Here ae comparions between Epic Bar and Mighty Bar ingredients and amounts of sugar.

Epic Bar

Bison Bacon Cranberry

bison, uncured bacon (pork, water, brown sugar, salt, vinegar, celery powder, sea salt), dried cranberries (cranberries, apple juice concentrate), lactic acid, celery powder, sea salt is Bar

6 grams of sugar

Chicken Egg Yolks and Apple Bar

chicken, organic dried egg yolk, dried apples, encapsulated lactic acid**, sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cultured celery powder, chili powder, nutmeg, thyme, coriander seeds, black pepper, sage

2 grams of sugar

Mighty Bar

Organic Beef Jerky

Organic grassfed beef, organic honey, sea salt, organic spices, organic garlic powder, cultured celery powder.

3 grams of sugar

Uncured bacon and apple

Organic grassfed beef, organic honey, organic uncured bacon – no nitrites or nitrates added* (organic pork, water, sea salt, organic honey, cultured celery juice powder, organic spices), sea salt, organic dried apples, encapsulated lactic acid, organic spices, cultured celery juice powder, organic garlic powder. *except those naturally occurring in celery powder & sea salt.

2 grams of sugar

They seem very similar to me.

Whole30 only cares about the Ingredients List, not the Nutrition Panel and the corresponding grams of sugar. So, in the examples you listed above, the only one that would be Whole30 compliant is the Chicken Egg Yolks and Apple Bar because that's the only one with compliant ingredients.

The Bison Bacon Cranberry Bar is not compliant because it has brown sugar. The Organic Beef Jerky Bar and Uncured Bacon and Apple Bar are not compliant because they have honey. 

I hope that helps. In general, the Ingredients List is what you should be looking at! 

Archived