100 plus pounds to lose!

Hello my name is Lisa,

I’m turning 37 on Sunday. For my birthday my boyfriend is taking me to Las Vegas. I was going to postpone this plan until I got back. My fear is I’m almost tipping 300 on the scale and I’m 5’7. I can’t go to Vegas with my old habits, put on another ten pounds! So I’m being brave and going to try my best to eat lots of salads, protein and fruit. I’m bringing lots of water for the hotel refrigerator.

I learned about this program from my Endocrinologist and was instantly intrigued. 

I have struggled with my weight since the age of 21 with now at almost 37 weighing the highest. I don’t want to get to another birthday with still over one hundred pounds to lose. My health is very poor because of the excess weight I carry. I can’t do simple things, for instance tie my shoes or bend down to pick something up. 

I know this program is meant for thirty days. I however learned from my Endocrinologist, you can do this for life. It’s a healthy way of eating and forming good eating habits. So July 6th is my start date. I then weigh on August 6th. 

I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Lisa

• Whole30 Certified Coach
17 hours ago, butterflywhisper37 said:

Hello my name is Lisa,

I’m turning 37 on Sunday. For my birthday my boyfriend is taking me to Las Vegas. I was going to postpone this plan until I got back. My fear is I’m almost tipping 300 on the scale and I’m 5’7. I can’t go to Vegas with my old habits, put on another ten pounds! So I’m being brave and going to try my best to eat lots of salads, protein and fruit. I’m bringing lots of water for the hotel refrigerator.

I learned about this program from my Endocrinologist and was instantly intrigued. 

I have struggled with my weight since the age of 21 with now at almost 37 weighing the highest. I don’t want to get to another birthday with still over one hundred pounds to lose. My health is very poor because of the excess weight I carry. I can’t do simple things, for instance tie my shoes or bend down to pick something up. 

I know this program is meant for thirty days. I however learned from my Endocrinologist, you can do this for life. It’s a healthy way of eating and forming good eating habits. So July 6th is my start date. I then weigh on August 6th. 

I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Lisa

Hi Lisa!

So happy to have you here :) It sounds like you are really ready for a big change at this point in life, which is amazing! I am so excited for you! I have completed multiple Whole30's myself and one of the biggest things I have learned is how important the planning and preparation phase is to one's success! If I am understanding correctly you'll be in Las Vegas this weekend for your birthday (Yay! Happy Birthday!), and you are thinking you want to start today and try to begin your Whole30 while in Vegas? I think it is so amazing that you are so motivated and ready to make a change, but I cannot imagine starting my first few days of a Whole30 while in Vegas, or really anywhere besides home and in my own kitchen. If I were you I would personally decide to enjoy the birthday trip (which doesn't have to mean gaining ten pounds or going over the top a every meal, you can still begin practicing being mindful) and then begin once I am home and have had a chance to thoroughly learn the rules of the program, meal plan, prep some food to get me started, and be able to begin strong.

I can't imagine it would be easy for anyone (seasoned Whole30 vet/certified coach or whole30 newbie!) to navigate eating out at every meal in Vegas and being sure that every single ingredient, including the oils proteins are cooked in and all of those specific nitty gritty details, are compliant. I wouldn't put that kind of pressure on yourself, especially one days one and two!

I know you mentioned you have a weigh in with your doctor on August 6th, but even if you're only at Day 25 or 28 at that time you will still see massive results!! (Although please keep in mind that you're not allowed to weigh yourself during a Whole30, so your doctor will have to keep those results to him/herself until you've completed your round :) ) I know weight loss is a big goal for you, and many people who come to the Whole30 program, but what makes this program so different (and SO effective) is that it's about so much more than that. It will truly heal your relationship with food and change your habits forever, if you let it!

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do...but my biggest advice for anyone and everyone considering beginning a Whole30 is to make sure you have fully read and understand all of the rules and then create a detailed plan (at least for your first week!) and make sure you have prepped ahead of time. Change like this is hard, so everything you can do to fully prepare to succeed is helpful. You're going to do great!

• Whole30 Certified Coach
1 hour ago, butterflywhisper37 said:

I decided to start tomorrow.  I’m excited! I bought the Whole30 Guide book for starting out.  

That's great Lisa!  Make sure to write out your "why" for doing the program and post it somewhere you will see it daily.  You can do this and it will be so worth it!

On 7/9/2019 at 5:28 PM, butterflywhisper37 said:

Thank you so much!

I just came back from Las Vegas. I decided to not start the Whole30 until I came back, you gave really good sound advice. I decided to start tomorrow.  I’m excited! I bought the Whole30 Guide book for starting out. 

Lisa

Lisa. I am glad you waited until you returned from Vegas to start. It would have been too tough to start this program while in Vegas.  I’m on Day 17 and I just want to let you know that I feel so much better already. While I can get on the scale, I know I’ve lost weight. But more importantly, I just feel so much better overall. The best is not having food cravings. It’s kinda weird how the body totally changes up on you by just eating the correct foods. Even though weight-loss is my goal, I am truly trying to focus on the non-scale victories as opposed to weight loss. I am trying to make this type of eating a lifestyle change. And in order to do that, I am going to have to continually focus on how good I feel. My increase in self-confidence. My increase in self-esteem. No food cravings. Feelings of control. And more like this. I could go on and on. You can do it. 

Archived