R1D1 Here I go

Kris22

Hello Whole30 Friends.  I am beginning my whole30 program today.  It may seem strange to begin on a Tuesday but I wanted to be prepared and needed time to plan meals, get groceries and fully get my head in the game. 

I have decided to do Whole30 because I want to change my relationship with food.  Though I do have some good food habits, I think I can say I am addicted to sugar and grains.  I want to learn to rely on the best food choices I can to nourish my body so I can look and feel my best. 

I also know I turn to food for other reasons, to fill a void though food is not the answer.  I would like to use the next 30 days to move beyond the cravings that are disconnected to my body's needs and to explore how I can fill the void in ways that will make my life more meaningful.  

I have an under-active thyroid and take medication for it.  I am curious to see how this way of eating affects my thyroid.  

This is my rationale for choosing to participate in Whole30 and I am very much looking forward to connecting with others in this community.  

Thanks! 

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Congratulations on the start of your Whole30!  I love your reflection and rationale.  It sounds like you've identified solid "whys" of why you are committing to your reset... this is awesome!  I find that writing these down and referring to them as frequently as needed throughout the next 30+ days is helpful.  Be sure to pay attention to every little NSV you notice and be generous with them!

Have you thought about ways to fill the void you've referred to?  Do you enjoy trying new recipes?  Reading?  Listening to audiobooks or Podcasts?  Etc.  The fact that you've realized that you are turning to food to fill something is huge and definitely worth exploring.    

Keep connecting with us here.  We can't wait to share in this journey with you!

I do have some ideas for filling the void- yes I would like to try new recipes and I do enjoy reading, audiobooks and podcasts. I also like doing crafts and being outside.  I think I will join the group that started yesterday to have some companions for the celebrations and challenges.  Thank you for the encouragement and advice.  To be continued.

• Whole30 Certified Coach
2 hours ago, Kris22 said:

I do have some ideas for filling the void- yes I would like to try new recipes and I do enjoy reading, audiobooks and podcasts. I also like doing crafts and being outside.  I think I will join the group that started yesterday to have some companions for the celebrations and challenges.  Thank you for the encouragement and advice.  To be continued.

Sounds like a great plan!  Keep us posted :)

Archived