Starting Whole30 Monday

Queeena321

Hi! I'm new to this, and want to learn as much as possible. I just bought the guide book, and have been looking over that. I am really looking for suggestions, ideas, inspirations, and most importantly ADVICE!!!! I am starting Monday...I'm excited and ready to get started!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

First and foremost get the crap out of your house. I always tell my clients to buy a tote, put your non-compliant foods in there and get them out of your sight. (Obviously this doesn't apply to perishable goods that need to be refrigerated but you get the idea.) Second, bulk up on the good stuff! Buying and having lots of food on hand will only help you to get started on the right foot. Finally, get yourself prepared to do this and tell everyone you know so that they will hold you accountable. There's nothing people like to do more than say "Aren't you not supposed to eat that on your Whole 30?!" and you should let them because them trying to catch you messing up will give you even more incentive to do well to prove them wrong! Good luck you can totally do this!

I just finished my first whole30 yesterday and lost 15 lbs, I haven't had a migraine in 30+ days, and my anxiety is way less than it was. I also feel amazing, I feel clean and pure inside, if that makes sense. :)

Here are my tricks:

-write a list of reasons for doing a whole30 (weight loss, more energy, better skin, overall health, take control and stop emotional eating, etc) the SECOND you feel like giving up or cheating please look at the list you made and remember all the reasons why you are going to stick to your whole30 and be strong

-eat green vegetables with EVERY meal. my typical morning was fried eggs, baked bacon and steamed broccoli. make sure you get a veggie with every meal, they're good carbs and you need them. they will keep you full longer and you will be less tempted to make bad choices.

-healthy fats will help keep you satiated too, avocados are good anytime, anywhere ;)

-get a calendar, hang it up somewhere in your house and/or at work where you will see it often, put a big red X on each day you complete and look at it through out the day as a reminder of what you've done so far and where you need to be eventually

-IF YOU ARE ABOUT TO CHEAT, and looking at the list doesn't help, WAIT 10 minutes and see if you still want to cheat, i bet you won't!

-lots of water!

GOOD LUCK!

Hey all! I started my Whole30 today as well. So far have had 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast and a salad with tomatoes, avacado, red pepper, carrots, chicken, and egg for lunch.

Feeling ok but I am supposed to run a 5K tonight so we'll see how that goes!

Archived