Amy's Whole 30 Log Starting July 15, 2019

Amy_Michigan

This one's a crowd-pleaser at my house, in case it's worth anything in yours, Amy...
https://paleoleap.com/pumpkin-sloppy-joes/

I generally cook it up with sweet potatoes, but offer buns for those who want them. My 9yo doesn't eat it, but she doesn't eat any kind of ground meat, or much of anything with a "sauce", etc., so I don't cater our family dinner to her. I love this stuff anyway, but bet it'd be even better with some compliant bbq sauce mixed in.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE END

Well, it is Day 29 and I had TACO BELL.  3 hard shell tacos...  I still want to see how everyone else does with their Whole30, so I'm going to be checking in on you all and commenting!  I guess my reintro is going to start with corn, soy, a teeny tiny gluten/wheat, and a little bit of over-processed cheese... ::rolling my eyes at myself. :: :rolleyes:  I over-spent over the weekend and didn't have any money left for groceries on my prepaid "budgeting" card... And I left for work this morning without making breakfast or packing a lunch!  I had six dollars left on my prepaid card and spent it on my tacos.  I was starving.  I have other credit cards and a bank debit card, but I don't carry those in my purse because of my spending issues.  Note to self for future:   stay prepared with groceries!!!!  I definitely do NOT plan to be visiting Taco Bell on a regular basis.  I will consider this an emergency, even though it was brought on by poor planning.

I've never had trouble with digestive issues, so I wasn't really stressing "reintro" as one of my main reasons for doing the Whole30.  I was doing it to try to eat healthier foods and cut back on the fast-food (and to start a healthy lifestyle that could continue helping me to lose weight and keep it off).  I ended my whole30 with fast food, BUT I went 28 days without it, so I know I have accomplished A LOT and I plan to keep going after a little break and decide whether I want to do another W30 or a stricter AIP W30.  My face still has red patches around my nose, so to help skin issues I may need to try AIP for 30 days to see if it will help since my skin issues could be related to my Lupus. If AIP does help, that would definitely help my motivation to continue my new healthy lifestyle!   I will start a brand new post on here if I decide to start another W30 after my undetermined break period.

Taco Shell
Ground corn, vegetable oil (soybean, corn and/or cottonseed oil), oat fiber. [certified vegan]

Seasoned Beef
Beef, water, seasoning [cellulose, chili pepper, maltodextrin, salt, oats (contains wheat), soy lecithin, spices, tomato powder, sugar, onion powder, citric acid, natural flavors (including smoke flavor), torula yeast, cocoa, disodium inosinate & guanylate, dextrose, lactic acid, modified corn starch], salt, sodium phosphates. Contains: Soy, Wheat
Cheddar Cheese
Cheddar cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, annatto (VC)), anti-caking agent. Contains: Milk [certified vegetarian]

Oh, I do love Taco Bell tacos. I never did, but this last year someone brought some over. They were tasty and crunchy and salty and so cheap! Hope you enjoyed them and hope to still see you around. Your body is 28 days cleaner than it was before. That's a pretty nice treat.

Archived