Janielu715

Jane Bruno

Just found this forum on day 18. I started to support my daughter’s journey but I’m finding this to be very helpful to my mindset. I lost 60 lbs on Ideal Protein 5 years ago, and have Continued to go back every year since then because I continue to gain at least 20 lbs each year. The downside to that is a food fear. I’m so used to eating packaged foods that have no idea how to eat anymore. I am already finding a food freedom and I’m only half way through. Buying potatoes and it’s not a holiday? Unheard of for me! I am already considering making this a 60 day journey because in the beginning, I wasn’t doing it for “me”. And now I am, and loving it!

• Whole30 Certified Coach
On 7/20/2019 at 7:56 AM, Jane Bruno said:

Just found this forum on day 18. I started to support my daughter’s journey but I’m finding this to be very helpful to my mindset. I lost 60 lbs on Ideal Protein 5 years ago, and have Continued to go back every year since then because I continue to gain at least 20 lbs each year. The downside to that is a food fear. I’m so used to eating packaged foods that have no idea how to eat anymore. I am already finding a food freedom and I’m only half way through. Buying potatoes and it’s not a holiday? Unheard of for me! I am already considering making this a 60 day journey because in the beginning, I wasn’t doing it for “me”. And now I am, and loving it!

Hi there! So happy you found the forum and that it's been so helpful for you. Congratulations on Day 18! You've come so far, and should be so proud of yourself! When I first started my Whole30 journey, I didn't know how to eat either, so I totally understand what you mean when you say that. One of the most important things that I did learn was HOW and WHAT to eat, and now eating healthy is just like a second nature.

There are a lot of people who extend their Whole30 out to 60 days. This is helpful if you feel like you need more time to feel secure in changing your eating habits and making those changes long term. I would still make sure to do a complete reintroduction at the end so you can learn how the eliminated foods effect you.

Best of luck on your journey, and please let us know if you have any questions!

I am day 20 now, and just realized when I was browsing through the Whole30 book again, that in a hasty shopping I purchased Braggs aminos and used them on day 16,17 and 18. So I have shopped this afternoon, and am prepared to start again. So instead of picking up at day 2, I am just starting at day 1 again tomorrow. But I don’t have a feeling like-“Oh, I screwed up, let me have pizza!”. No, I am just brushing myself off and starting over. Thank you for your support!

• Whole30 Certified Coach
1 hour ago, Jane Bruno said:

I am day 20 now, and just realized when I was browsing through the Whole30 book again, that in a hasty shopping I purchased Braggs aminos and used them on day 16,17 and 18. So I have shopped this afternoon, and am prepared to start again. So instead of picking up at day 2, I am just starting at day 1 again tomorrow. But I don’t have a feeling like-“Oh, I screwed up, let me have pizza!”. No, I am just brushing myself off and starting over. Thank you for your support!

That's absolutely the right mindset!!! :)

Archived