July 29th- one week from today!

haley.willis8

Hello whole30-ers!

I will be starting my first whole30 one week from today. My reasons are numerous but primarily to break the unhealthy “reward-binge-guilt” habits I have with food. I know the guilt is sometimes so overwhelming after I eat something “bad” that it affects my quality of life in other areas. 

I need to view food as fuel rather than reward. After reading the 30 day guide, I was able to start thinking about some additional reasons:

-Prevent future health issues. Family history of thyroid issues, high blood pressure, breast cancer. 

-Learn to cook!! Utilize veggies and feel confident in the kitchen. I hate to admit I have had to look up images of some of the vegetables mentioned in the guide! How sad is that! It made me realize the limited amounts of ingredients I use in my normal diet. 

I’ve gone back and forth about starting this in the summer.. thinking to myself: is it really the right time? How could I possibly say no thank you at BBQs, weddings, etc? Ultimately though it was reading through these forums, looking at social media, and getting through the 30 day guide that convinced me. Thank you for providing this space and the ample amount of information.

The question I will end with for now is just some general 1 week out preparations. Anything you wish you knew right before you started? I’ve read the guide but I love hearing specific stories. 

• Whole30 Certified Coach
5 hours ago, haley.willis8 said:

Hello whole30-ers!

I will be starting my first whole30 one week from today. My reasons are numerous but primarily to break the unhealthy “reward-binge-guilt” habits I have with food. I know the guilt is sometimes so overwhelming after I eat something “bad” that it affects my quality of life in other areas. 

I need to view food as fuel rather than reward. After reading the 30 day guide, I was able to start thinking about some additional reasons:

-Prevent future health issues. Family history of thyroid issues, high blood pressure, breast cancer. 

-Learn to cook!! Utilize veggies and feel confident in the kitchen. I hate to admit I have had to look up images of some of the vegetables mentioned in the guide! How sad is that! It made me realize the limited amounts of ingredients I use in my normal diet. 

I’ve gone back and forth about starting this in the summer.. thinking to myself: is it really the right time? How could I possibly say no thank you at BBQs, weddings, etc? Ultimately though it was reading through these forums, looking at social media, and getting through the 30 day guide that convinced me. Thank you for providing this space and the ample amount of information.

The question I will end with for now is just some general 1 week out preparations. Anything you wish you knew right before you started? I’ve read the guide but I love hearing specific stories. 

Hi and welcome! We are so glad you're here! :)

I always tell my clients to make sure you know your "why." Why are you starting a Whole30? Write it down, post it around the house, and keep it in mind when things get tough. Knowing your "why" is SO important!

Also, being prepared is key! Meal prepping will be a life saver, so I would suggest having a few meals in mind for next week and prepping them on Saturday/Sunday so you can grab and go. I also found The Whole30 Day by Day journal to be a game changer. You can find it on Amazon, and you can track your meals, your non-scale victories (NSV's) your energy and sleep levels, along with trip and tricks to help get you through each day.

I hope this helps. Please continue to use this space for support and encouragement. That's what it's here for! Best of luck! :)

Archived