Starting July 30th newbie!

AnnH

• Whole30 Certified Coach
20 hours ago, AnnH said:

Hi all!  New to Whole 30 but have been dieting my whole life . My plan is to start in one week...looking forward to the journey and appreciate all the support!

Hi Ann!

Welcome! We are so glad to have you here, and congratulations on making the commitment to change your relationship with food. 

I think it's great that you are giving yourself a week to prepare. Can I ask, what does that preparation look like for you? Do you need any resources? How can I help support you?! Please let me know :)

Hi Ashley!  I have been cleaning out my kitchen and making note of what I have on hand. Tomorrow I plan to make my first week menu and Friday I am grocery shopping.  I work every weekend and Monday evening so Monday I will start prepping what I can and Tuesday is go day!  

I am worried now I’m going to feel at work that first weekend!  I work 12 hr shifts.  Not much i can do,other than make sure I am eating adequate fats, proteins and veggies. I plan to keep drinking black coffee to avoid headaches. 

Any other suggestions?

• Whole30 Certified Coach
7 hours ago, AnnH said:

Hi Ashley!  I have been cleaning out my kitchen and making note of what I have on hand. Tomorrow I plan to make my first week menu and Friday I am grocery shopping.  I work every weekend and Monday evening so Monday I will start prepping what I can and Tuesday is go day!  

I am worried now I’m going to feel at work that first weekend!  I work 12 hr shifts.  Not much i can do,other than make sure I am eating adequate fats, proteins and veggies. I plan to keep drinking black coffee to avoid headaches. 

Any other suggestions?

Hi Ann!

My best advice is to be prepared. Bring food with you to work, and snacks, if you feel like you’ll need them. Veggies and ranch are a great healthy snack while on the go, or some Chomps meat sticks, or complaint jerky, and make sure to stay hydrated. 

Coffee is great! Do you normally drink black coffee? Nutpods makes Whole30 approved coffee creamer, so check them out If you haven’t heard of them before.

Keep a journal and track your non-scale victories daily to help keep you motivated! Utilize the forum for support- that’s what it’s here for!

You got this! Keep me posted on your progress!

Archived