Menopause - Hot Flashes

lottabelle

Hey everyone,

I am on Day 5.  I am 38 and had a hysterectomy 2 years ago ( I kept my ovaries).

I am naturally a nervous person and suffered from hot flushes, going red and sweating all my life.  Since my hysterectomy they are much more severe and feel more intense.  The DR put me on HRT however my blood tests were inconclusive.  My memory is awful and energy is always low, my skin is also no prone to breakouts and my pores are huge so they think I am in menopause.

Anyway, as I am not really getting anywhere with my DR, I am wondering if looking at my nutrition will help.  I have also stopped drinking coffee.  I was drinking 3 or 4 a day so I decided to stop when started Whole30

Does anyone have a positive experience with Whole30 and hot flushes?

Thank you

Laura

• Whole30 Certified Coach
16 hours ago, lottabelle said:

Hey everyone,

I am on Day 5.  I am 38 and had a hysterectomy 2 years ago ( I kept my ovaries).

I am naturally a nervous person and suffered from hot flushes, going red and sweating all my life.  Since my hysterectomy they are much more severe and feel more intense.  The DR put me on HRT however my blood tests were inconclusive.  My memory is awful and energy is always low, my skin is also no prone to breakouts and my pores are huge so they think I am in menopause.

Anyway, as I am not really getting anywhere with my DR, I am wondering if looking at my nutrition will help.  I have also stopped drinking coffee.  I was drinking 3 or 4 a day so I decided to stop when started Whole30

Does anyone have a positive experience with Whole30 and hot flushes?

Thank you

Laura

Hi Laura,

I know that Whole30 can help with hormonal imbalance. I am 33, and have been undergoing fertility treatments and have been suffering from severe hot flashes as well. I am not sure if they are related to my fertility treatment medication or not- my guess is probably, yes. I am not currently on a round of Whole30 but I don't recall having hot flashes like this when I was. I am strictly speaking from personal experience- I am not a medical professional.

I also found this article on Whole30 and menopause that you might find helpful...

https://whole30.com/2019/03/whole30-menopause/

I hope this helps somewhat. Please let me know how else I can support you :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Laura,

I am 55 and I have been going thru menopause for 5 years. My hot flashes were miserable; sometimes every 30 minutes for 24 hours. Anyway, I started Whole30 on July 9 and am still doing it because everything lessoned. I still have the hot flashes but the intensity and duration and frequency have all lessoned. Good luck to you!

• 7 months later...

Archived