August W30 journey

StephMcD

I’ve been eager to start this whole30 journey. I’ve had big life events happen, and now that the dust is settling I can properly plan for and prepare my space. 

Last year I successfully completed a Whole30 that turned into a Whole90.  Then somewhere along the way I got lazy , busy, overwhelmed with life and stopped caring.  I attempted to do another one over the past 6 months, and   just couldn’t  get my head in the game. I knew what I needed to do, how to do it, and how I’d feel once I got into it. I’d self sabotage in one way or another. So instead of beat myself up, I payed attention to choices I’d make and stay aware of my mental space. Now I’m ready to do this.  

Im using this week as a soft start. Cutting the sugar, and planning for what the pantry needs and reviewing calendars and making sure I’m set up for success.

Here’s to feeling good! 

• Whole30 Certified Coach
1 hour ago, StephMcD said:

I’ve been eager to start this whole30 journey. I’ve had big life events happen, and now that the dust is settling I can properly plan for and prepare my space. 

Last year I successfully completed a Whole30 that turned into a Whole90.  Then somewhere along the way I got lazy , busy, overwhelmed with life and stopped caring.  I attempted to do another one over the past 6 months, and   just couldn’t  get my head in the game. I knew what I needed to do, how to do it, and how I’d feel once I got into it. I’d self sabotage in one way or another. So instead of beat myself up, I payed attention to choices I’d make and stay aware of my mental space. Now I’m ready to do this.  

Im using this week as a soft start. Cutting the sugar, and planning for what the pantry needs and reviewing calendars and making sure I’m set up for success.

Here’s to feeling good! 

Hi there! Welcome back, we are so glad to have you here :)

It sounds like you are really committed to making this lifestyle change work for you- keep that attitude and your success will follow. I love the idea of a "soft start". I usually recommend that my clients try to eat at least 1 Whole30 meal a day for the week leading up to their Whole30; just to get a jump start. Going through your pantry is a great idea as well. It will give you an idea of what you need to shop for, what you already have that might be compliant, etc.

We are here to support you, so please continue to utilize the forum! Best of luck! You got this!

So here I am halfway through Week 1.  I started Saturday (7/27). Today’s headache is insane. But I just evaluate if I need more carbs or fat, and keep going on.  I’m not sure what I can/should use this forum for. Can it be used as a personal journal but with public accountability?  Can I use it for food logging if that’s what my head space needs? Do I need to make a new post, or can I continue this personal thread?  I like the idea of being able to have someone aware that I’m over here trying to do this, all alone in my house, and striving to be successful.

My hacks this week have been:

1. Making sure I have good protein ready in the fridge for whatever quick meal I may need.

2. Keeping squash/sweet potatoes cooked and ready to go if my body is screaming for some extra carbs.  

3. Leftover/batch cooking is my JAM! 

Mood: even though I have this killer headache, and am ridiculously tired, I feel good.  I’m missing some things  but mostly so tired of being tired that I’m ready to start checking off those non scale victories. I printed out the list from the book, and plan to highlight them as I notice them. Then, until I hit ‘tiger blood status’ , I can remember why I’m doing this. 

Archived