Log my weight, measurements, symptoms, goals, and maybe a photo

Print out any charts I need

Write down a "what if" plan to keep me from going off-plan

Add chair yogo to my planner as a means of gentle daily exercise 

Reinforce my commitment during daily meditation

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will also determine my reward system, so I can keep my "eye on the prize" so to speak.

One thought, if I make it to Day 30, is to gift myself the BOOM! TRIO. 

If I make it to Day 60, I will get a few items from Spirit Nest.

If I make it to day 90, I will go clothes shopping.

I'll stop there for now. We'll see how it goes. 

It looks like you are very organized and that is half the battle!! I don't want to say good luck on starting the program because luck has nothing to do with it. So how about happy journey!! It is tough, but definitely worth it. 

9 hours ago, Beckha99 said:

It looks like you are very organized and that is half the battle!! I don't want to say good luck on starting the program because luck has nothing to do with it. So how about happy journey!! It is tough, but definitely worth it. 

Thank you for those kind words and encouragement. I went shopping today, and decided on my menu for week one. I'm ready :D

Ready to go tomorrow! So I guess this is officially DAY 0 :)

I have everything prepped and ready for my meals, my backup plan, a list of possible hurdles and solutions, and I've got my head wrapped around the concept of Whole30 and my goals. 

Today I am not restricting, nor gorging, on foods that will be purged from my diet. Today will be a good day to eat as I have been,  and contemplate why I chose those foods at those times.

This should bring my current relationship with food into better focus. This information may help during times of struggle on this journey. 

I've decided not to take measurements, weight, or photos as I feel that will only emphasize the physical aspect of change, and I  really don't care about any of that. 

My main concern, and reason for embracing the Whole30 lifestyle, is to better my health, feel better, have less pain, and more energy. 

Lots of meditation today, relaxing, journaling,  and getting excited for tomorrow by whipping up some mayo and ranch B)

DAY 1 BREAKFAST:

Egg scramble with 4 small eggs from a local farm, onions, garlic, mushrooms, peppers, kale and rainbow chard (all organic). All sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil. 

3 cherry tomatoes 

Small slice of salmon

Small bunch of red grapes 

Water as my beverage 

DAY 1 RECAP:

Very proud of myself for staying on-plan today. I was even exposed to some of my favorite foods, but I stayed focused on my goals with no cheating. :D

When I felt like snacking or had cravings, I would drink a glass of water and find a quiet place to meditate for a few minutes. 

I'm about to have a nice cup of herbal tea, and get ready for bed. Peaceful blessings to all who stayed strong today :) And if you slipped up, please don't give up! Tomorrow is a new day :D

DAY 2 PRE-BREAKFAST:

Well, I woke up this morning feeling like I would kill for a coffee <_<

I know I could have coffee, but I don't want it black. I want it sweetened, and swirling with french vanilla creamer :wub:

So I came in here instead to read some posts to stay focused. 

I still want my coffee :mellow: I'm about to throw an adult sized tantrum.

But no. Get ahold of yourself woman!

So I went to visit @Beckha99 to get to know her a little better, since she has been kind enough to drop some encouragement into my journal. 

After reading her story, I smacked myself for being such a baby. That woman is still trying to stay on track even when family life makes it more difficult. 

I don't have a hubby to plan around (kicked that narcissistic nonsense to the curb a while back), and my kids are grown. I'm on disability now, so no job to interfere with my progress. My biggest hurdles are dealing with my medical issues and willpower.

So I feel like I've got it pretty easy, and I'm going to keep reminding myself that this is my time now. I don't have the distractions of daily mom/wife life, and I need to just do this thing.

Plus I live with one of my daughters who is super supportive, even though she is not ready to do the Whole30 yet.

So, time to meditate and reset my focus. I've got this.

Keep pushing @Beckha99 ! I'm sending powerful blessings your way to give you strength and focus to be successful :D

Isn't Beckha99 a freaking rock star? I love reading her posts!

Coffee? Ugh.... I get it. I'm a Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte kind of coffee drinker. Or at least I was. Give me that creamy, sweet cinnamon-y drink any day. So when I started W30, I knew I had to cut out using stevia or sugar, but I at least needed cream of some kind. I had heard Nut Pods were good, and they're not bad. I use the French vanilla, but it's not that creamy, frothy texture I'm looking for. I figured out that blending the coffee with Nut Pods and some compliant coconut cream gets me to that creamy, frothy texture I want. It's not sweet, but I  got used to it as my body detoxed from sugar and now it's pretty enjoyable. Cleaning the blender every day is a bit of a pain, but I'm enjoying coffee again. Hopefully, this helps a little. :)

You 100% have this! Like Beckha99 says, planning and organizing is half the battle, and you've got that down!! Have a great day!

@LadyWolf0926 thank you for the encouragement! I never really thought I was hooked on coffee,  but now that I can't have it the way I want it....I'm seeing it in a whole different way. 

I did see the NutPods on Thrive (I think), and was wondering how they would taste. Then I struggled with the thought of whether jazzing up my coffee is the same as making "healthy" pancakes. Am I not supposed to give in to the temptation? Is it better to drink it black (eww) so I break the addiction of needing that sweet creamy coffee fix?

Maybe once I complete my '30', I will allow myself the healthier version a couple days a week.

41 minutes ago, terlyngil67 said:

I did see the NutPods on Thrive (I think), and was wondering how they would taste. Then I struggled with the thought of whether jazzing up my coffee is the same as making "healthy" pancakes. Am I not supposed to give in to the temptation? Is it better to drink it black (eww) so I break the addiction of needing that sweet creamy coffee fix?

Adding compliant creamer to coffee is definitely not the same as making "healthy" pancakes. What WOULD be similar is if you're also mixing in something to sweeten it (like one suggestion I saw which uses dates to make it a sweet and frothy drink), since at that point you have to ask if you like coffee because it's sugary and flavorful or if you like it because it's coffee.

That said, if YOU feel like it would be SWYPO for YOU PERSONALLY to add that stuff to coffee to make it more palatable, then I'd avoid it. What it really comes down to for me is whether or not how I drink it during Whole30 is promoting a habit that will fall back off the wagon when I'm done.

For me, I cut out creamer and sugar prior to my Whole30, and during round I started adding cinnamon (and 2nd round I started adding roasted/ground 100% cacao) during the brew; this gave me a milder flavor, which I enjoyed more than the straight coffee flavor. I hadn't purchased Starbucks/Panera-type coffee in ages (at least 20 years), though, so changing up my flavors wasn't a re-creation of a favorite coffee-bar drink... and there was no chance of me reverting back to such a drink after my rounds, so I wasn't jeopardizing my ability to potentially break a bad habit there :)

Hope that helps! 

3 hours ago, terlyngil67 said:

After reading her story, I smacked myself for being such a baby. That woman is still trying to stay on track even when family life makes it more difficult. 

Oh terlyngil, you are NOT a baby! I just complain a lot! LOL I think this process is different for everyone according to their circumstances. In some ways I have to be thankful for the crazy distractions of my family because it doesn't make me think about the food as much. I think both of our situations are the proverbial double edge sword. 

The coffee thing is big for me too. I can't drink it black, and I sure as heck can't do the coconut or almond creamers. That's just gross. I had to switch over to unsweet iced tea. It is not the same, but it doesn't make me go totally postal on everyone in the mornings. Plus, since it is warm outside I try to think I don't want hot coffee anyway. 

Also, again your food selections look great. I wish so much that I liked fish. It would make this a little easier for me. I am glad that you do and it works for you because fish is super healthy! Keep up the great work! 

@Jihanna thank you for sharing your thoughts! I really just like the different flavors in my coffee, so maybe it's less about the sweetness and more about the flavors.

I never thought of adding cinnamon to my coffee. I will definitely try that, and the cacoa. :D

I'm also going to give the Nut Pods a try. I wonder if just a little coconut creme will give it a slightly milder taste as well.

@Beckha99 oh I am totally down with the coconut creamers, but I think they have added sugars. I'm definitely going to check :lol: @Jihanna gave me some good tips too!

Thanks to all of the awesome ^_^ meds I'm on now, plus those I've been on in the past, my stomach is wrecked. Chemo, biologics, oral immunosuppressants; all have drastically changed how my stomach reacts to food. 

Fish/seafood and eggs seem to be the only animal proteins that still agree with me. Good thing I like them :lol:

Plus, I love a wide selection of fruits and veggies, so I have a lot to choose from for meals.

And I don't think you complain a lot lol, you just tell it like it is :)

DAY 2 DINNER:

Pan seared cod

Roasted zucchini 

Squash soup

Water

I've been simmering my soup in the crockpot all day. It is super delicious!

*1 butternut squash peeled & cubed

*1 acorn squash peeled & cubed

*1 sweet potato peeled & cubed 

*6 carrots chunked

*2 large onions chunked 

*1.5 bulbs garlic

*5 fresh basil leaves 

*black pepper, nutmeg, and oregano to taste

*1 can coconut milk 

Cook down the veggies until soft, and mash the veggies. It's also nice pureed for a smoother soup. 

Then stir in the coconut milk. 

DAY 2 RECAP:

The morning brought cravings for coffee with flavored creamer, and by afternoon I was wanting a crunchy snack. 

The awesome people in this group gave me some great advice on the coffee situation, and I think my afternoon crunch craving was because I took a break. I have noticed that when I sit down to watch tv or read, my hands need something to do (I think shoveling chips to my mouth is their favorite exercise:rolleyes: )

I had a decaf coffee last night with some coconut milk.  Thought I would give it a shot since it's what I had on hand. 

And that is just a big fat NOPE! I will wait for my NutPods, or try some cinnamon next time. Plus it revved up my acid something fierce  :wacko:

Herbal tea will be my pre-bed choice from now on.

Archived