terlyngil67 Whole30 Log starting August 1, 2019

terlyngil67

9 hours ago, terlyngil67 said:

by afternoon I was wanting a crunchy snack.

If you have a Trader Joe's near you they have crispy, crunchy broccoli florets near the chip section. I get that need for crunch every once in awhile too, and it is a good fix. It usually only takes me 2 or 3 pieces before I am good. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 3 RECAP:

I am starting to miss my snacks and sweets. I almost went off plan yesterday,  not from a craving, but from sheer habit.

I was making lunch for my daughter to take to work, foods that are off limits for me, and I almost licked the spoon. I caught myself in time, but it made me think of all the times I "grabbed just a taste" of something without even thinking about it. 

It made me realize how easy it would be to slip up. But I  didn't! So on to Day 4 !

4 hours ago, terlyngil67 said:

DAY 3 RECAP:

I am starting to miss my snacks and sweets. I almost went off plan yesterday,  not from a craving, but from sheer habit.

I was making lunch for my daughter to take to work, foods that are off limits for me, and I almost licked the spoon. I caught myself in time, but it made me think of all the times I "grabbed just a taste" of something without even thinking about it. 

It made me realize how easy it would be to slip up. But I  didn't! So on to Day 4 !

I swear.... If I had a dollar for all the times I almost licked the spoon or did something out of habit before W30, I'd have about $50! Good for you on catching yourself! Snacks and sweets were a hard one for me too, but you'll get there. Kudos to you for sticking to it! That's a big NSV!!

2 hours ago, terlyngil67 said:

@LadyWolf0926 isn't it amazing the the things we do without even realizing? 

Help me out here...NSV?

NSV = Non- Scale Victory. There's a huge list you can download from the resources section on the website. Like mine recently are sleeping 7+ hours, feeling calmer, mental clarity, hair/ nails growing like crazy, etc. Anything that's a real measurement beyond the scale we can use to gauge our success in the plan. You'll start seeing them soon too, if not already ;)

7 hours ago, terlyngil67 said:

I almost licked the spoon

Sweet Pete! Spoons, cheese crumbs on the counter after making the kids a lunch sandwich, etc. I hear ya!! It is funny how the thought of licking a spoon can make you feel defeated. So great that you caught it before it was too late!

DAY 4 RECAP:

My daughter saw that I was struggling with cravings, so she put down her chips and gave me a pep talk. 

"You got this Mom! You know the first 7-10 days of any diet change is always the hardest. You're already at day 4! It's going to get easier soon."

DAY 5 RECAP:

Although I loved my food choices for the day, it was incredibly difficult to navigate around the non-compliant foods in the house.

Currently in my fridge is leftover pizza, homemade empanadas, french vanilla coffee creamer, peanut butter and jelly, and mint chocolate chip ice cream in the freezer. 

It's really hard to take on a program like this when you're the only one in the house that's doing it. But I am staying strong! 

Day 6 coming up. Hard to believe I've been doing this almost a week now. I know I'm almost over the hard part.

It doesn't help that I'm in a wicked  flare right now; which means I don't have the energy or desire to cook. I want easy comfort foods, and they are right there. In the fridge. Calling me every time I open the door for my good foods.

I need to meditate my way through this. Stay focused focused focused. 

DAY 6 BREAKFAST:

Squash soup

Watermelon 

Cantaloupe 

Blueberries 

V8 and Water

I feel pretty good this morning (aside from the pain). My stomach is not as bloated as usual. Typically my stomach blows up after I eat. To the point where I look pregnant.  I think my digestive system is cleaning out. 

9 hours ago, terlyngil67 said:

t doesn't help that I'm in a wicked  flare right now; which means I don't have the energy or desire to cook. I want easy comfort foods, and they are right there. In the fridge. Calling me every time I open the door for my good foods.

This is huge for me too. Sometimes I just DO NOT want to cook. On those days, I usually end up eating a lot of eggs (My mortal enemy right now!). I call it hodge podge dinner. The kids can look and see what they want to eat that we have (leftovers-but not if they are whole 30 or unless we have a lot, or we have some frozen stuff we can make, etc) Then I just do whatever is easiest for me...eggs, some fruit, just something to get my body what it needs with as little cooking as possible. Maybe try to pinpoint one super easy thing to make so in a pinch when you are not feeling the cooking, you can whip it up real quick. Hang in there. We for sure all have those days when we would rather poke our own eyes out than cook w30 meals. The good news is if you only have to worry about your meal, you can throw together an ad hoc compliant bunch of items. Even if it wouldn't be considered a "meal", just find your go tos!

Archived