Eating for better Mental Health

FitForLife317

Hello,

Newbie here....I’m looking forward to starting the Whole30 next week.  I am a commission only technical sales professional and have recently whined off Zoloft and Klonopin. Anxiety and depression run in the family and of course with my job I joined the health issue. I’m still heavy into caffeine and other not so great foods and looking at this program to help me get mentally and physically fit again. I truly believe food is the answer and this seems to be a great guide. 

FFL317

A second welcome :) I struggle with bipolar and anxiety, and have definitely found that food can be used to great advantage. I'm still on medication (that won't be changing) and I drink coffee every morning, but even when I'm not on round I'm able to use what I learned during them to help me maintain better balance. Little tweaks can go a long way, so I used my rounds to test various combinations and what happened when I changed the timing of eating certain foods, etc. It's just a matter of finding what works best for your body.

On 8/9/2019 at 2:53 AM, SchrodingersCat said:

Welcome!! I have found that Whole30 has been a real positive impact on my anxiety, and I sleep like a log while on round, but wake up when I need to and don't stay groggy. It's REALLY nice haahaa. I'm still all over the caffeine though... ;)

Thank you very much for the input. I’m looking forward to getting started. 

On 8/9/2019 at 6:11 AM, Jihanna said:

A second welcome :) I struggle with bipolar and anxiety, and have definitely found that food can be used to great advantage. I'm still on medication (that won't be changing) and I drink coffee every morning, but even when I'm not on round I'm able to use what I learned during them to help me maintain better balance. Little tweaks can go a long way, so I used my rounds to test various combinations and what happened when I changed the timing of eating certain foods, etc. It's just a matter of finding what works best for your body.

Thank you, really hoping to stay off the meds. Good luck to you with everything. 

How are you doing?  I thought of you a moment ago when I realized I sorta feel lighter today, in a mental way.  Not in a super positive take on the world way, just clearer headed and not as bothered by interruptions to my plan for the day.  I'm on day 8, if you are wondering when I started feeling clearer.  Hope you are already feeling better or will very soon.  

Archived