Zucchini Taco Boats

WellnessByMiranda

I LOVE anything taco related. I could eat it every day of the week haha. This is my go-to recipe for taco boats which we cook at least once a week. I like to top them with salsa or avocado. 

Taco Boats 

Ingredients: 

1 Zucchini, with ends cut off and cut lengthwise. 

1/2 pound ground beef 

1 tablespoon taco seasoning 

Olive oil

Directions: 

1. Preheat oven to 400 F.

2. Scoop out insides of zucchini halves, making boats. 

3. Place zucchini boats face down (hole down) on a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil. 

4. Cook for 30 minutes. 

5. While zucchini is cooking, brown ground beef in a skillet on the stove with taco seasoning. 

6. Remove boats from oven and flip over. Fill with taco meat and place in the oven for 5 minutes. 

7. Remove and top with whatever you'd like. I prefer salsa and avocado. 

I hope you all enjoy it!

-Miranda 

wellnessbymiranda.com

@WellnessByMiranda

[email protected]

It's super-simple to throw together a homemade blend of spices for things like tacos, and I personally prefer it to buying the pre-mixed blends now that I've gotten used to knowing exactly what's in my food and how much of each thing I use (not to mention being able to scale back or nix something that causes issues for my family). I've gotten to where I now just start tossing things into the pan without even doing a full mix ahead of time, based on what flavors I'm wanting, but you can find compliant recipes for the blends (taco seasoning recipes often call for chili seasoning, which is also a blend that I have to make from scratch and tweak since a family member cannot have cumin).

• 2 weeks later...

I love this kind of recipes with zucchini!
I actually do something very similar, using homemade bolognesa sauce for filling (I make large batchs to freeze in portions).
Mine are, of course, not "taco" boats - but if you like Italian food you may also like tem.

Archived