Planning to start September 1. Are you?

KimberlyA1105

Day 1 for me today!  I'm going to be keeping a Whole30 Log in that section of the forum for accountability and also to just keep track of things.  I've gotten a lot out of reading people's logs and it's given me some good ideas as well.  I really want to make sure I follow the "recommendations" as well as the "rules" this time.  Drinking enough water and getting 7-9 hours of sleep, especially.  Feeling motivated today: hope it lasts!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Prairie Dawn said:

Day 1 for me today!  I'm going to be keeping a Whole30 Log in that section of the forum for accountability and also to just keep track of things.  I've gotten a lot out of reading people's logs and it's given me some good ideas as well.  I really want to make sure I follow the "recommendations" as well as the "rules" this time.  Drinking enough water and getting 7-9 hours of sleep, especially.  Feeling motivated today: hope it lasts!

The logs are great. They are not moderated. I have occasionally found in the past that a few things have not been 100% compliant. And you are right there are a lot of great ideas and support over there. 

When I first did this program majority of the interaction was here on the thread of the start day and people would post food and ideas here.  I am planing on posting everything here and hope that some will stay with me. Anyway have a fantastic Whole 30. :)

Today is my day 0. I decided to do this this weekend but couldn’t get everything together in time. I have had 1 successful on and another that lasted 26 days. I have a lot of heath issues and resent tests show dangerous level of chronic inflammation. I am wanting to improve my blood pressure, high cholesterol and thyroid. I am going to post everything here and I hope some people will stick with me. The last one was amazing with great recipes and support. 

Happy Day 2 for those that started on the 1st and Day 1 for those that start today 

Welcome Elizabeth33 and hello to everyone who is doing a September Whole30.  Just claiming my seat on this string.  Today is Day 3 for me as I liked the idea of starting on 9-1-19.  I am feeling good except for a low grade headache the past 36 hours that I had the last Whole30 I did and which I just attribute to sugar detox.  It should subside soon.  Good luck all!  Noreen

Hi Y'all. I started September 1. This is my first Whole30. I take Prilosec every day and, as with almost every 'drug', its isn't good for me. I'm 61 and heavier than I'd like to be, but I'm a regular at my gym's Zumba classes so I'm in fairly good shape. Half way through day three, I believe I can do this and I believe it's going to be life-changing in a good way.

Hi everyone, I'd love to join your discussion group! I started yesterday with my third round! My goal is and always has been long-term health. I aspire to one day be that amazing 85-year old woman out on the hiking trails. Because I love the outdoors dearly and hope to always, always be able to enjoy them! 

So I started off my journey yesterday with a 10-mile hike and two 10,000 foot peaks! Here we go! 

And for all of you, I'd like to share my very favorite Whole30 recipe: https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/twice-baked-potatoes-paleo-whole30-vegan/. Enjoy! :-) 

Hey @kirbz good to see you again. So great on your 3rd round. 

I have done a big food prep yesterday and today. I made chicken fennel breakfast sausage, teriyaki cilantro burgers, steam Chinese broccoli, baby cauliflower, green beens, roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet potato’s, mushrooms and root veggies. 

My goals are simple check the box off each day for being compliant and moving more by getting some of my physical therapy done several times a week. 

I am the busiest I have ever been so this will be interesting 

So today is my day 1 and I am already finding excuses to not start today and start on Mon of next week. It is a never ending conversation with my Sugar Dragon that I call The Negotiator, so for short NSD. ;) Anyway I am just taking it one day and meal at a time and making sure that it is compliant. I have a new job and I don’t want my repetitive injuries irritated by my food choices to complicate my job by causing pain and numbness with my carpal tunnel. I just finished reading the day 1 in the book while drinking my coffee with the nut pods. I already have breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks made for 2-3 days since I have to leave so early in the morning there is no time to do it daily. The start of my week is extremely busy so I need to have that done and the great news is I have a toaster oven at work to heat things up. This is the first time I am going to do this with absolutely no time. I am working 55 hrs a week and going to school 3 times a week and this is my life for the next 3-4 years and that is OK. Each day and week I will need to strategic plan on how to get all that I needs to be done, including the physical therapy.

How is everyone else doing?

Guess I want to join the party too! Today is Day 2. My husband is trying to do this with me, and one of the ladies I work with. Yesterday (day 1) was not bad for me. My husband said he didn't have an y trouble until supper time and then he was FAMISHED! But he also wasn't feeling well from working late the night before. Breakfast yesterday was a recipe I found titled Whole30 Breakfast bowl (bananas mashed with raw eggs, cooked, then topped with stuff). I was pleasantly surprised, my hubs said it was ok but not great. But he already wasn't feeling well when he started the day. Lunch was W30 compliant smoked sausage I found at Sprouts Market and salad and pineapple. Supper was stir fry with cauli-rice. Again pleasantly surprised with the coco aminos!

I have read some of the other posts in different topic streams and am concerned that I am not excessively tired, or craving anything (other than just plain eating). I did have a massive headache yesterday but that had begun even before I got out of bed. So I am already thinking I am not dong something right since I don't have any of the same symptoms as others (I think maybe some of my OCD issues showing up).

Gotta go (I am at work)! HAHA!

@nrmoody415 Welcome! I wouldn't worry too much about not feeling the traditional symptoms. I never felt any of those either and I come from a background of truly awful eating. This is my third round and I've really just come to realize that my body is not particularly sensitive to foods, especially not immediately. It does respond to cumulative changes over time, but not immediately and not strongly! 

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions! You got this! 

Day 3 for me - I'm also pleasantly surprised that I'm not exhausted today.  I actually feel okay!  I slept a bit better last night than the night before, and that's one of my main goals I'm hoping to work on for this round.  @Elizabeth33 I feel you on battling with "The Negotiator" - your post also reminded me that in some respects, my life/schedule is always going to feel a little crazy so I may as well get into a good routine with my food and health choices to better manage the stress.

Your schedule sounds quite demanding - kudos for buckling down and planning ahead the way you have!

Hi all. Day four for me. I want to take a moment to be still and dwell upon how much I truly love my dishwasher. The part in the book about "Who's going to do all these dishes" speaks to me. As the queen of microwave meals - who's trying to abdicate - I usually just have a pile of forks to wash. Not complaining, this is my idea of funny.

In four days I've already started a little list of NSVs. At the top, I haven't had a Prilosec in four days. I'm so stoked. 

@nrmoody415 I haven't felt bad either and I'm on my first Whole30. I was also afraid I was doing something wrong so I spent considerable time looking up every ingredient I'd used to make sure I wasn't smurfing this up. Maybe it's going to hit me later, but I feel great right now. 

I'm really glad you guys all feel great! I feel terrible! This is my day four and I'm tired and hungry and groggy and my head hurts and I just want to go take a nap. I'm hopeful that if I can just stick it out through this I'll start to feel better soon. But I'm happy for you guys!

Holy. Cow. New friends, I hit the wall today - my day five. My body is lookin' for cookies and stuff. That's okay. This is what the program said would happen, so I'm taking it as a sign that Whole30 is doing what I need done. I'm happy. This is a step onto a better path.

Well, Day 2 yesterday was the pits! I mean breakfast was good. Lunch & supper not so much. My W30 compliant salad dressing was not good IMO. therefore I didn't eat my salad because I already put the dressing on it before I tasted. So all I had was a burger patty and some pineapple. Supper was crock pot cooked chicken with a side of sauteed zucchini noodles/carrots/mushrooms. And a small handful of blackberries. I don't know if I was too hungry to enjoy it or if the smell of the zucchini noodles turned me off of wanting it, but I didn't eat much. So basically I had very little to eat yesterday at all. I thought I had done well on meal planning but apparently I left out the emergency food stash. HAHA! Gotta work on that. Today I am a little sluggish but my guess it's because I didn't sleep well last night which was probably because I didn't eat well yesterday. See how all that works together? Today has been better so far.

Here's my problem: it doesn't take much food to really stuff my belly. It never has. My hubs has always complained about the volume I eat at one sitting. So, that makes me worry that I am not getting enough veggies to eat at meals (or anything for that matter). I mean the burger patty and pineapple yesterday at lunch filled me up at the time but not for more than a couple of hours. But if I would have eaten anything else at the time, I would have been stuffed to capacity and my stomach hurting. Do I need to be concerned about this? Do I need to maybe eat 1/2 palm of protein instead of a full palm so that I get the veggies I need?

I'm also on Day 4. So far things have been pretty smooth. I'm surprised I really haven't had a single craving. I think it might be partly due to how busy I've been. I'm also super, super committed. I have two big multi-pitch climbs coming up and I want to be in good shape for them. So there's no room for cookies and stuff! LOL. Though I do love them dearly! And maybe don't ask me about cookies once my climbs are over... 

@nrmoody415 I can totally relate to not eating enough because it's just too much effort, especially when you don't like what you prepared! I've been in that situation many times. It's hard that it usually just steamrolls into something bigger and can really throw you off. I hope you can get back on track! 

I'm curious what type of dressing you had? I've tried a lot of them and can maybe offer some suggestions, though I'm not sure what you normally like! I find it easier to go a different-than-normal route with Whole30 dressings. Because I LOVE me some ranch and Whole30 ranch just isn't the same. So I tend to opt for a citrus style dressing, which I never used before, so I'm not trying to recreate a crappier version of something I previously loved. Maybe that would help?

I'm not sure what advice to give you about not being able to eat much food at a time though! Hopefully a moderator can chime in! 

Hi all - I started on Tuesday since we were traveling on Monday, so today, Sept 5, is my day 3.  I've been doing really well.  I have been keeping things super simple and only have W30 compliant food in the frig.  (Might be a few exceptions like butter and BBQ sauce in there, but otherwise it is all fair game on this W30 journey....)  There are more off program things in the pantry, but nothing I am not able to resist... at least so far. :)   We did completely purge the house of things like cookies, ice cream, crackers, popcorn, etc which has been very helpful.  Out of sight, out of mind.

I've been having fun with this.  I've come up with a couple of wild food combinations, but they have all been really good.  Lunch today was sautéed zucchini, tossed some chopped rotisserie chicken and blackberries in the skillet.  Dumped it on top of some salad greens and added avocado.  Delish!

Wishing everyone the best and much success!

Archived