Starting tomorrow have lots of questions and would love a support buddy

rajni1love

First off, I've been a vegetarian for the past 11 + months, so I'm a little nervous about reintroducing so much meat at once into my diet.

I added the meal planner to help make things easier and am so surprised how many recipes have processed meats like bacon and pancetta, sausage.  And condiments like mayonnaise.

Would i have better luck reintroducing meat a little at a time and start the program a little later? Was thinking about starting on 8/30 for the new moon originally.

Do people really eat processed meats? 

• Moderators

You don't have to eat processed meats, and compliant ones are often hard to find and expensive, so in many ways it's better if you don'thave them.  Mayo at its simplest is egg, oil, acid (like vinegar or lemon juice) and salt, and any whole30 compliant recipes that call for mayo are using one with basically those ingredients, not the major brands you'd see in stores with canola oil and sweeteners and preservatives. It's actually a really tasty way to add healthy fat to your meals, but you can certainly leave it out if you don't like it. Other condiments like mustard or other sauces will be similar -- you'll need to find or make compliant versions, but they're not all bad for you. Plain yellow mustard, for instance, is really easy to find in any grocery store with clean ingredients, and it's great to add to deviled eggs or potato salad, if you like those things. 

This article might be helpful to you: http://whole9life.com/2013/02/eating-meat-a-primer-for-the-meat-challenged-2/. As for whether you should wait to start after reintroducing meat, that's up to you. If you feel like it makes the most sense to you to wait, do that. Even if you're not officially starting a whole30 on the date you had planned, you could still look at it as starting a new chapter of learning what foods help you feel best as you move toward trying a true whole30 in the future.

Archived