Collagen Peptides - are they worth it?

Dehh

I'm preparing for my 3rd Whole 30 (Sept 2, 2019)...you know, gathering the essentials and such.  I've never used collagen peptides and was wondering if it's worth the added expense.  I'm doing this Whole 30 in a more simple and budget-friendly manner this time.  What are the benefits short and long term?  I've done some research and reading have no "real life" experience with this item.  If it's a part of your life, I would love to hear your input.  Thanks! - Di

• 7 months later...

I tried the capsules for awhile and they did nothing for me. So I then tried the collagen peptide powder to put in my tea and I had a terrible reaction from it. Mainly because there were 5 different types of Collagen in the powder and I'm very sensitive). So it's tricky on finding what works, but I know a lot of people have said, collagen powders have made their hair, skin and joints feel better. Remember organic Bone Broth has Type II collagen in it, which is the strongest building block of all the collagens. That's all I drink now to help replace my collagen. As far as taking peptide supplements along with collagen, not sure.

• 1 year later...

I am a woman of about 40 years with some signs of aging that we all have. Big pores, wrinkles, aging skin, joint pain - that's all the most interesting ... It's not serious, but my body is demonstratively aging. I know that changes in the body just can't happen right away, and there is no miracle cure for aging, but I really feel that collagen has been a great addition to my health regimen, and I'm happy with the results I've seen. Sure, I don't look 20 anymore, but I really think I've taken a vacation for at least 5 years and I'm feeling really good, that's a pretty good reason for me to keep using collagen.

• 5 months later...

I've heard a lot about collagen before and have used it currently. I'm in my thirties now and my mom has used it for the last 10 years and it's proven very helpful to her and myself. She always claimed putting  some collagen powder in her coffee everyday made her less likely to crave snacks after or before breakfast. It has also helped her maintain and loss weight with her exercising. I vouch for this also my workout prove more effective and I've been shredding ouds in the last 4 months taking me from a heavy 297 pounds down to a heathier 184 pounds. I also take other vitamins and a weight loss supplement that I throw in the mix which has given phenomenal results. Hit me up in the replies, messages, or comments I love to provide info and value for others to give them another option too.

• 3 months later...

Hi! I'm a 56 YO female, and I've been taking Collagen Peptides for about 18 weeks and the results have been so good, I will definitely continue. After eight weeks, I noticed less hair shedding and more hair coming in. After 16 weeks, I noticed my ponytail was thicker. After 8 weeks, I noticed my nails were starting to grow and were not peeling like they did my whole life. At 16 weeks, they are longer and stronger.  I do notice that my facial pores are smaller. I wasn't aware that Collagen would reduce pore size, so not certain if it's due to collagen or just my beauty routine.  The jury is still out regarding improvement to joint health. My Collagen is affordable (Orgain) so I say, it's worth it. I use the unsweetened in my coffee and can't taste it at all.

Archived