Laurenacc

Monday 9/9/19 State Date- anyone else?

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Laurenacc said:

Woohoo- so happy we are all in this together!

Did you remember to click the "notify me of replies" button?  I find a lot of people forget that.

I def need to vary my veggies this coming week.  Everything I have eaten has been in the cabbage family.  I think I am going to try a vegetable soup for my lunches next week.  Plenty of green beans, zucchini, onions, carrots and such.  It's easy to freeze if I tire of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, time to change it up. I'm tired of almonds and carrots lol. I could really go for a nice salad with avocado on top!

I just saw the BEST post on FB. Someone is using their cheap little waffle iron from Target to make veggie toast! 

I.E.

She used zucchini spirals. Squeezed all the water out, added a little egg, seasoning, mix ingredients, fry to crisp in the waffle iron, then top with tomato, prosciutto, etc.

Sweet potato is another good one for the waffle iron...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually "unplug" after I get home from work on Saturday.  How was your weekend?  Mine wasn't perfectly compliant but I'm soldiering on.  Found that I had everything I needed to make a soup recipe from one of the Whole30 cookbooks this weekend.  That will be my breakfast or lunch every day this week.  We'll see how it works out.

Breakfast this morning was a piece of bacon, fried.  Some leftover boiled brussels sprouts I found in the back of the fridge, sauteed in the bacon dripping with 3 scrambled eggs.  Came out half frittata half scrambled.  Added some pepper and coconut aminos to the eggs before adding them to the brussels.  I am def burned out on brussels!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, yummy breakfast Pearlgirl2017! (I'm totally not above eating some cold leftover brussel sprouts when I'm hunting down a quick eat. Guilty of it as a matter of fact ;)

I got to meal prep. Did some pieces of salmon and a good salad for the week. Added some fresh mint to the greens. Avocado, heirloom tomato, mushroom, celery, cucumber, mixed baby greens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I woke up before the alarm went off this morning but it looked way too dark outside to be time to get up.  Dragged myself out of bed and went to the gym for the circuit.  Seemed to be back up to my normal amount of weights on the machines.  Ran back home and made breakfast.  My favorite is this one from Stupid Easy Paleo https://www.stephgaudreau.com/sweet-and-savory-blueberry-omelet/

I usually fry up a couple slices of bacon, then saute a big handful of baby spinach in the drippings, then add the egg mix.  Let me tell you that this is absolutely fabulous!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still not doing a perfect Whole30.  I caved to a few bites of peanut butter last night, and I'm sure that dressing was bound to have sugar in it. 

But I am determined to keep going, and hopefully improve each day.  I will keep going past the end of the 30 days so I will eventually have 30 days in a row of no sugar.  My planned meals are going well.  Made a simple meal of pan fried thin cut pork chops last night.  Served with a can of DelMonte canned sliced carrots and a side salad.  Took all of 20 minutes to bring it together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pearlgirl2017, why do you think you're having trouble resisting cravings? It's been hard for me too, but I've battled it this long and I'm having fewer. Yay! I think for me, it was letting all the sugar leave my system. My tastebuds followed eventually lol.

Quick meal prep... have to love that. One thing about W30 is it takes my focus off food being enjoyable and makes it more about meals for sustenance. I do like that lesson. 

I'm just going to oven bake some boneless skinless chicken breasts for dinner (extra for the week) and have a nice fresh salad. Found some blackberries too AND a great find at Fresh Market: I had my hand on the Tessemae's Italian and noticed a FM brand above it. ON SALE and labeled W30. Rosemary and French Provincial herbs. Yum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Melinaka, it wasn't even a craving for peanut butter.  I saw it and just had some (hard to keep stuff out of the line of sight when you're not the only one in the house).  I usually make it to about day 21 before those "I deserve it" feelings hit.  I guess I was just too hot, tired and hungry to think twice about it. 

Dinner was another fast to bring together meal.  Baked salmon filet with steamed yellow squash and green beans.  Lemon juice and extra light tasting olive oil on the fish and ghee on the squash.

Still waiting for my jeans to fit better, but otherwise feeling better overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dinner sounds yummy!

I still feel bloated and fat too, but I agree - overall I feel a notable improvement. 

Except running. Zero energy. I feel like I just began.  :( Someone did mention that problem goes away around D17...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 10:30 AM, pearlgirl2017 said:

Did you remember to click the "notify me of replies" button?  I find a lot of people forget that.

Yes! I totally have that clicked on! Weird that I still don't get notified...*shrug*.

Finishing up Day 11! I really want pizza :lol: I haven't caved and eaten it, I just want it...haha!

My meals for this week have been bfast: hard boiled egg, either turkey bacon or pork sausage links & spinach / almond / raspberry salad with balsamic vinaigrette and also my coffee with nutpods, lunch: beef and sweet potato chili with crumbled bacon to add some fat (I keep flip flopping with this meal...some days I'm loving it and other days I'm like, "ugh...I would rather starve than eat chili today!") And dinner has been almond/coconut floured chicken cutlets with spinach / toasted almonds / pears / and an apple cider vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard combo type of dressing that I make.

I've upped my snack game...which I should not be proud of, but I still feel hungry when I get home from work / before I want to have my actual dinner. I bought some Chomps jerkys. I've only had one, wasn't a huge fan. I also bought some Spindrift seltzers which...I feel like is cheating even though they are whole30 compliant. Still, feels like an extra treat and I should just have water. Other than that, I sometimes have a second cup of coffee with nutpods, or half an apple with almond butter, or a hot dog (or 2 :blink:). 

Tomorrow is my last stash of chili so I'm going to move on to a new lunch recipe come Saturday...I'm thinking Melissa's Chicken Hash or some smoked turkey slices with chipotle lime avocado mayo with red peppers in a collared green wrap. Can't decide which one I'm feeling more...probs the turkey slices- so easy to make!

I keep finding myself getting annoyed when friends ask me to hang out. Usually I just want to be a hermit when I do my whole30...go do my workout, work, grocery, cook, eat, done! Friends want to go out to eat and I always feel bad being like, "Well, I can eat food with you again on...like, October 20th. Until then, I'm happy to meet you for a coffee or a walk or a workout class and...yeah, that's it." Ha! I feel like a pain in the ass but...I just don't want to be the annoying customer at a restaurant with my very specific requests. Plus when I make my food, I KNOW it's compliant and I don't have to worry about what could have potentially gotten in it while at a restaurant. Anyone else consistently decline invites while doing this?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Laurenacc said:

Yes! I totally have that clicked on! Weird that I still don't get notified...*shrug*.

Finishing up Day 11! I really want pizza :lol: I haven't caved and eaten it, I just want it...haha!

My meals for this week have been bfast: hard boiled egg, either turkey bacon or pork sausage links & spinach / almond / raspberry salad with balsamic vinaigrette and also my coffee with nutpods, lunch: beef and sweet potato chili with crumbled bacon to add some fat (I keep flip flopping with this meal...some days I'm loving it and other days I'm like, "ugh...I would rather starve than eat chili today!") And dinner has been almond/coconut floured chicken cutlets with spinach / toasted almonds / pears / and an apple cider vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard combo type of dressing that I make.

I've upped my snack game...which I should not be proud of, but I still feel hungry when I get home from work / before I want to have my actual dinner. I bought some Chomps jerkys. I've only had one, wasn't a huge fan. I also bought some Spindrift seltzers which...I feel like is cheating even though they are whole30 compliant. Still, feels like an extra treat and I should just have water. Other than that, I sometimes have a second cup of coffee with nutpods, or half an apple with almond butter, or a hot dog (or 2 :blink:). 

Tomorrow is my last stash of chili so I'm going to move on to a new lunch recipe come Saturday...I'm thinking Melissa's Chicken Hash or some smoked turkey slices with chipotle lime avocado mayo with red peppers in a collared green wrap. Can't decide which one I'm feeling more...probs the turkey slices- so easy to make!

I keep finding myself getting annoyed when friends ask me to hang out. Usually I just want to be a hermit when I do my whole30...go do my workout, work, grocery, cook, eat, done! Friends want to go out to eat and I always feel bad being like, "Well, I can eat food with you again on...like, October 20th. Until then, I'm happy to meet you for a coffee or a walk or a workout class and...yeah, that's it." Ha! I feel like a pain in the ass but...I just don't want to be the annoying customer at a restaurant with my very specific requests. Plus when I make my food, I KNOW it's compliant and I don't have to worry about what could have potentially gotten in it while at a restaurant. Anyone else consistently decline invites while doing this?

 

YES!

Or just plain becoming reclusive. I just had a friend text me: "Hey girl! You alright?" because I disappeared off the face of the earth :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrapping up Day 15...halfway point! I made a vile meal for my lunches this week. Super disappointed...I wanted to try something new and the Chicken Hash looked good but it tasted terrible today when I ate it for lunch. I came home and threw out the other 4 servings :( Rather than scrounge up another recipe to make, I'm just going to eat red pepper chicken sausage in a spinach salad with walnuts and lemon garlic tessemae's dressing for lunches for the rest of the week. Dinner is salmon cakes and butternut squash soup. Breakfast is my same old same old...hard boiled eggs with sausage and spinach / raspberries / almonds / balsamic vinaigrette and coffee with nutpods.

 

Anyone going to do the Reintro after the 30 days are up? I did reintro during my first 2 whole30s. Not sure if I feel like doing it this time around. I noticed reactions to certain items when I reintro'd the first time- but second time, I noticed nothing new. So...I feel like I'll have the same reactions this time - so why bother going an additional 15 days, right? Plus I'm supposed to go apple picking on Day 41...and I don't want to wait another 5 days before I make a fresh apple pie from my pickings (is that so bad that I'm already thinking about that?! :wacko:) Maybe I'll just do 10 days of reintro and knock out one of the things I would normally reintro (like gluten-free alcohol- which I already know ALWAYS upsets my stomach so no need to reintro that, right?) and just not do full 2 days whole30 after my 4th reintro item...bringing me to 40 days total. I could reintro legumes on day 31, whole30 day 32 & 33, gluten-free grains on day 34, whole30 day 35 & 36, dairy on Day 37, whole30 on 38 & 39, grains with gluten on day 40...and then no whole30 recovery days after cuz I'm gonna eat apple pie on day 41, haha! Aaaaand this is why I gain weight when I'm done with these things *facepalm* Will I ever learn?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! The half way point! I'm starting to feel settled, like doing another round following would be a great idea... maybe a break in between for the weekend. 

I was never very good at reintroduction. I do know the things that absolutely don't bother me though. 

Laurenacc, I love your account of reintro!

Definitely noticing my face, upper body, stomach looking much improved and edema from food allergies is under control. That's a huge win! <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2019 at 2:04 PM, Melinaka said:

Yay! The half way point! I'm starting to feel settled, like doing another round following would be a great idea... maybe a break in between for the weekend. 

Wow- a 2ND Whole30 immediately after? Like...basically a whole60!? Sheesh girl, that's willpower right there!

My husband has also been commenting that I look like I'm losing weight. Can see it in my face, when he hugs me, etc. I feel like my pooch gut has gone down a bit, for sure. But... I feel like in previous whole30s, I felt a bit smaller than I do right now. Guess we shall see what the scale says on day 31. I ended up losing 19lbs during my first whole30, gained a good 15 of those back before I did my second whole30. Lost 18lbs during 2nd whole30, and gained ALLLLL of those back and then some prior to starting this one. So...I have more to lose now than I did before my first whole30. :wacko: What I REALLY need to do is figure out a healthy balance post whole30 so I don't gain a crap ton of weight back after I finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 21 coming to an end! Who's still going strong?

I decided to make Shakshuka for lunches this week (well, at least 3 lunches since that's the amount of servings I made) and probably repeat my coconut / almond flour chicken cutlets with spinach / pear / almond / dijon apple cider vinaigrette salad for dinner starting tomorrow (since I looooove it so much). Still have another serving of my salmon cakes and butternut squash soup for dinner tonight but...I'm not super hungry. May not eat anything and just have that tomorrow night.

I remember getting tired of Shakshuka during my last whole30 though. So I'll probably figure something else out mid-week for the remainder...burgers perhaps? :) I also changed up my shakshuka recipe a bit this time around, I decided to add some cut up sausage links to it...since I kept coming across shakshuka recipes including sausage. I'm excited to try it, maybe I won't get bored of it this time!

Give a shout if you are still whole30-ing it up! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laurenacc said:

Day 21 coming to an end! Who's still going strong?

I decided to make Shakshuka for lunches this week (well, at least 3 lunches since that's the amount of servings I made) and probably repeat my coconut / almond flour chicken cutlets with spinach / pear / almond / dijon apple cider vinaigrette salad for dinner starting tomorrow (since I looooove it so much). Still have another serving of my salmon cakes and butternut squash soup for dinner tonight but...I'm not super hungry. May not eat anything and just have that tomorrow night.

I remember getting tired of Shakshuka during my last whole30 though. So I'll probably figure something else out mid-week for the remainder...burgers perhaps? :) I also changed up my shakshuka recipe a bit this time around, I decided to add some cut up sausage links to it...since I kept coming across shakshuka recipes including sausage. I'm excited to try it, maybe I won't get bored of it this time!

Give a shout if you are still whole30-ing it up! :)

I'm STILL here! 

Shakshuka? Never heard of it! I'll Google it.

My meals have been pretty simple. Grilled chicken ( pretty darn good with a little cayenne, garlic, & salt!)

Hamburger (lean) grilled

Eggs... shrimp... fish. Lots of good salads and roasted veggies. Nuts, avocados, etc.

I miss a little bit of quinoa with some meals. That will be one of my first additions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, Melinaka said:

I'm STILL here! 

Yay Melinaka! Go girl!

Shakshuka is usually yummy, haha- it's crushed tomatoes, eggs, harissa sauce, garlic, onion, red peppers, some seasoning. For some reason it really upset my stomach this time around- had a horrible upper abdominal acidic feeling. Maybe tomatoes aren't sitting well with me anymore. Anywho- I had my last serving of shakshuka today so I just grilled up 2 burgers to take to work for lunch tomorrow and Friday. Probably will just put them over spinach with some nuts for fat and dressing. Thats pretty much my go-to veggie. I should probably incorporate something else but...I don't feel like testing out a new veggie recipe at this point. I like sticking to what I know and like.

Your meals may be simple but they sound great! And at this point, I like my stuff to be fast and easy so I'm not cooking while I'm hungry (worst!)

Melinaka, are you doing reintro? I know you mentioned quinoa is what you miss most...I miss pizza :lol:

Day 25 tomorrow...here we go!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 30 Day 30 Day 30! Who's stoked the last day has finally arrived / ready to start reintro tomorrow?!

And I can't help but admit...I'm so ready to jump on that scale tomorrow to see what's come off (if anything!) :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Melinaka said:

Is it finally day 30? :lol:

I'm stoked but believe it or not, I have no real enthusiasm for something off the plan!? 

What is everyone choosing to reintroduce tomorrow?

Melinaka- you win!

I think today was actually the first day that I WASN'T thinking about off-plan food... that I can't wait to eat again :lol:

Strangely- had no cravings, didn't feel like I needed a snack after work / before dinner. Maybe I finally got where I needed to be on the last day, ha!

I'm doing legume reintro tomorrow...having peanut butter on apple with breakfast, hummus with lunch, and chickpea pasta with dinner. What about you???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laurenacc, what do I win?:lol:

Quinoa?

I think that's what I'll eat. I need it. Tired of nuts LOL and my digestion is slower with them... despite all the veggies and fruit!

Peanuts AND chickpeas all on the same day? You rebel :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Melinaka said:

It's sooo quiet in here. Are we the only 2 left Laurenacc?

I'm still here. 

I think I've been enjoying my whole 30 journey. I haven't weighed myself yet, but to be honest, I don't think my clothes got looser. I think this experience showed me that I can do a lot of things that I set my mind to. My main reason to start this was to quit sugar, and I think Whole 30 has really been helpful for me to achieve this goal. I don't really have strong sugar craving now, yes I still think desserts look yum, but I now find it much easier to say no to them. 

The things I miss most is rice. And no, cauli rice is NOT rice. I'm Asian and I think this is something I will not give up. I also really miss wine. I miss the social aspect of having a glass of wine with coworkers after work. Life is also about pleasure, so I will definitely keep wine in my life. 

My goal for after Whole30 is to continue my no added sugar diet, unless it's a very special occasion.  I'm also really happy that now I don't really snack between meals anymore, which is perfect preparation for my Invisalign treatment scheduled to start next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now