Here we go . . .

Emcatsmom

Hello everyone!  My 20yo daughter and I are on day one after a busy weekend of kitchen purging, huge shopping trip after careful meal planning and much cooking and chopping yesterday. We CAN do this, right?  Looking forward to all the support and fabulous information here. 

• Whole30 Certified Coach

YESSSSSS! You CAN absolutely do this! Congratulations on taking the first step, finding a partner and doing some serious planning. Sounds like you are already moving in the right direction! Please reach out to the community, we have a wealth of great resources and awesome camaraderie within this group! Best of luck, you are going to crush it:)

Thanks!!  I have already figured out I am not eating enough. Felt like I needed to go bed after lunch and did some quick math (just for research) and realized that at both breakfast and lunch I ate probably about half of what I should. One to TWO portions of protein and much more veggies, as well as fat, are needed!  I am 57 years old and can tell you that I have probably spent enough money to buy a car on a very popular weight program and this is the long-standing habit I need to break - the starve yourself thin piece.

Day 1 lesson learned.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I hear you! That is a tough habit to break. Try not to focus too much on portion size right now. Get used to the new way that you are eating and you can refine how much as you go. I tell my coaching clients that I want you to feel satisfied, that's the main thing in the beginning because it's hard to eliminate all of these things at once. I get it. Although snacking is not something you want to become an all day long habit, in the beginning you might need a little extra here and there until you figure it out. We don't want you to fall asleep at you desk after lunch lol. Don't be hungry! Good job thinking this thru though:)

3 hours ago, Emcatsmom said:

Thanks!!  I have already figured out I am not eating enough. Felt like I needed to go bed after lunch and did some quick math (just for research) and realized that at both breakfast and lunch I ate probably about half of what I should. One to TWO portions of protein and much more veggies, as well as fat, are needed!  I am 57 years old and can tell you that I have probably spent enough money to buy a car on a very popular weight program and this is the long-standing habit I need to break - the starve yourself thin piece.

Day 1 lesson learned.

Archived