Lots of food allergies limits recipe options on Whole30... tips?

AnticipatingJOY

I get all my recipes from online, various places though there are a few favorites that I tend to check if I'm looking for something and have an idea of what I want. We have a food allergy and intolerance to several foods in the house, so I basically find recipes that sound good and just tweak them to fit our needs -- like removing cumin from everything for my mom (which means making my own version of chili powder), and making it all dairy-free for myself and my youngest, removing most oregano and all rosemary (which means I also make our Italian blend), plus other steps here and there.

If your allergies are fairly common ones, it might be easy enough to find someone with a blog dedicated to dealing with those issues... if not, maybe you can find something close and tweak as needed. If you don't mind sharing your allergies, I'd be happy to see if anything I use as a go-to might be beneficial for your situation. :) 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Linann said:

Intended to start soon, but I also am looking for recipes, trying to discover my allergies. I am frustrated with no eggs, tomatoes, sweet peppers especially.  Any direction for help would be appreciated.  

Search for whole30 AIP friendly recipes, they will leave out those three items for sure. Here's a few:  https://meatified.com/30-aip-whole30-recipes/, but many paleo and whole30 bloggers will tag AIP recipes even if that's not their main focus.

Archived