September Challenge, Starting Sept. 2

Kris10381

Hello Everyone!

I'm Kristen, and I am starting my third attempt at the Whole30. I struggled the past two times and I am hoping to be successful at this round. I have definitely planned more this time around. I already know that I have some dietary sensitivities, but I have let my diet slide a lot since having my two children. My goal this time around is to really be able to see what does, in fact, bother my system and that I have a healthier view of food and eating afterwards. I wish you all the best of luck on your Whole30 journeys.

Hi all, I'm Charlotte, and I started my first ever Whole30 today! I'm in New Zealand, so Southern Hemisphere timing means I'm a day ahead.

Looking forward to really figuring out my body and what has a good effect and what doesn't! I've tried paleo/keto style programmes before and generally have always done very well, but I was kidding myself recently that I was sticking to that way of eating, and have managed to really let my eating slide. So this is a real reset for me, to get some control back over what I eat and improve my relationship with food - using it as a reward is my biggest downfall!

I can't wait to see what the next 30 days will bring. I'm realistic that it will be hard, but I keep telling myself "it's only 30 days, it's only 30 days"!

Hi there,  

This is my second attempt this year.  I have completed two in the past.  My son is doing the Keto and lost 50 lbs and has motivated me get started.  He is willing to do the whole 30 with me, and with my daughter at college I can keep and whole 30 compliant house!   I am 55, have about 20 lb to lose (any would be good). I am going through menopause and nothing else has worked.  I have a bunch of minor issues  including high blood pressure and high cholesterol.    I am due to get my blood work done in the next week or two so it will be interesting to see where I am.  Mostly I want to feel better.  This is the first year I have felt pain.    I look forward to all the encouragement.  Carol

Hello. I am doing my third Whole30. I have started a few others, but not to completion. But have completed 2 and always felt better. I realize I just can't have bread. It brings - starts and encourages my downfall.

So I am starting again today. Yep planning is the key: I just read the It Starts with Food - again as a quick review. I think it's the reintroduction I mess up so I want to complete the Whole30 and then plan accordingly to the REINTRODUCTION - not just the go crazy. So in reality bread has to be a really strong NO & NO for me. Which I am okay with!.

There are so many  other foods out there that actually make us feel healthy and satisfied and that is my new motto.

Focus on the Feel: Does this make me feel great? Yes - Enjoy! Not - Strong Pass!

Today's Daily Goal: drink my water and enjoy the taste of my food

What is everyone's Goal for the Day? @CarolMaureen

@Kris10381

@CharlotteNZ

@JessFind

Hello! I hope everyone is doing well on their plan.

This is my first post and first time with Whole30. I've done other diets/programs before so I do realize this may be a whirlwind of effort to get going. I'm a little nervous but hopeful this program will put my focus on eating well and the weight will follow. 

Good luck to all! 

17 hours ago, Sunshine2020 said:

Hello. I am doing my third Whole30. I have started a few others, but not to completion. But have completed 2 and always felt better. I realize I just can't have bread. It brings - starts and encourages my downfall.

So I am starting again today. Yep planning is the key: I just read the It Starts with Food - again as a quick review. I think it's the reintroduction I mess up so I want to complete the Whole30 and then plan accordingly to the REINTRODUCTION - not just the go crazy. So in reality bread has to be a really strong NO & NO for me. Which I am okay with!.

There are so many  other foods out there that actually make us feel healthy and satisfied and that is my new motto.

Today's Daily Goal: drink my water and enjoy the taste of my food

What is everyone's Goal for the Day? @CarolMaureen

@Kris10381

@CharlotteNZ

@JessFind

Today's goal: Get a better night's sleep!

@Kris10381 Hi and congratulations on making it a third of the way through your Whole30 journey! Are you experiencing any NSVs? I'm thrilled to hear that this round is feeling a bit easier! 

I also started on September 2 (though I've been posting on this page: https://forum.whole30.com/topic/57364-planning-to-start-september-1-are-you/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-510523), which is my third round. This one feels easier for me too. I think, partly, because I have some very tangible motivation. I'm also focusing on long-term habits so I'm a lot less focused on having "the perfect" Whole30, which has alleviated a lot of stress and has given me grace to be much more flexible with how I throw together meals. 

I recently had a huge NSV. I'm an aspiring alpine climber and I had a big day in the mountains on Monday. I had been very nervous that I wouldn't be prepared, but I felt strong and confident and it was a wonderful day! 

Anyway,  best wishes to you! Feel free to join us on the other thread if you'd like. There are a number of people who started either on the 1st or the 2nd... 

Hi all! I started on the 5th but can't seem to find my community so I thought maybe I could jump in here? I am at the end of day 7- wahoo! Week 1 down! Proud of the discipline I have shown so far. Today was the first "hard" day - lots of painful stomach gas, constipation (sorrynotsorry for the TMI) and my day went sideways and it made my food hard - I got through and stayed compliant but I didn't do well at the balance and I feel it. Oh well, some days are harder than others. How did you all do? I haven't had cravings as much this time around (this is my 4th Whole30, one sucessful). NSV is that my bloat is starting to go down in my face. Definitely feel my muscles switching to ketosis, so kind weak and wimpy but that's expected for day 7.

What's your favorite discovered food or meal this time around? 

Hi @BecFreeby! I'd be happy to post here with you! :-) Congrats on finishing Week 1 and achieving some great NSVs! Woo woo! 

This is my [soon-to-be] third successful Whole30 with a handful of unsuccessful attempts scattered over the years. I'm on Day 11 (I started on September 2). My primary goal is long-term health. I love the mountains and want to be able to spend time in them until the day I die. 

I haven't had much luck with new recipes this round. But I frequently turn to these, which are my all-time favorites: 

Do you have any favorites to share? 

Archived