Started Whole30 today, Sept 3rd

suzhtz

Yesterday was a travel day for me, so I chose to start today.   This is my very first Whole30 and I'm hoping to benefit from the wisdom of Whole30 veterans and newbies alike on this forum.  I commit to sharing my challenges and victories.  I wish everyone great success!

Suz

Day 1 is in the books for me!  It was a busy work day after the holiday, so it flew by.  Had laundry to do from the long weekend trip we'd taken, so busy at home, too.  I kept the day very simple and stuck to basics with my food choices.  I was not hungry at all during the day.  My roughest patch was when I first got home from work and wanted to reach for a bag of chips or cheese and crackers to munch on.  I ate a few cashews instead and that got me over the hump.  I think this could be a recurrent "rough patch" for me, and eating as soon as I walk in the door is a habit I'm going to have to break.  I am meeting with a trainer on Thursday after work, and I'm hoping that will be the start a daily workout for me at the nearby fitness center.  I'll trade that old habit for a new one!   Lifestyle change?  Maybe... :)

Got inventive with breakfast today.  Did not want eggs, so sautéed some zucchini planks, sprinkled with oregano and then wrapped some applegate turkey around them with a squirt of mustard.   Very tasty and definitely NOT traditional breakfast food.

Have a great day, everyone!

Suz

Suz, sounds like your first day went smoothly for you & congrats on day 1! It’s the little things we change that will lead us to success for our whole30 journey! Today is my day 3 and so far going strong! My day 2 was foggy, lightheaded, slow just out of it and started to have a headache during the day. I too also usually come home and go straight for a snack but I just drank some water & ate a piece of fruit! Hope your day 2 goes great for you!

have a great day! :)

Archived