foods in reintro??

belabrancatelli

Hi,

I have a question regarding the reintroduction, I've only read about reintroducing food groups and foods within the groups each day, but I wonder if I could mix them instead of doing each on at a time? By mixing them I mean, could I do day 1: sugar and then day 4: legumes instead of day 1: legumes and day 4: dairy?

I'm getting close to the end so if someone could please answer this asap lol

You can reintroduce in any order YOU choose. But, you give each group (or subgroup) its own day and then go back to Whole30 for at least 2 days (more if you have a reaction). And you can't repeat any reintroduced food until all your reintroductions are complete.

The elimination phase (the 30 days) gives you a "control environment" to work from, and each reintroduced food is a separate "test". Just as in a science experiment, your first goal would be to establish the effects of the test subjects individually within the control environment, and later you could choose to test reactions of combined subjects. Renewing the control environment between tests is why we return to Whole30 compliance between test days, and establishing individual reactions before combined reactions is why we don't include previously reintroduced foods while testing a new one. You CAN repeat a test if you need clarification, but you don't want to mix until you're sure of how individual ones affect you first... otherwise you wouldn't know if a reaction was caused by the new food or the combination of two.

Archived