Wake up time: Extremely tired

QueenNoor

Hi ! I'm on my day 18 and I find extremely hard to wake up in the mornings. I have always had a sound sleep and although I love sleeping and have never been an 'early bird', from 7 days to now I have to snooze the alarm at least 5 times ! And then feel groggy the whole day through. Is this normal ? Will this get better ? I follow the whole30 rules without exception although I have been eating more fruit now than I did before.

I'm not sure if it'll help for your situation, but in my own experience I found that hitting snooze was my enemy. The more I hit snooze, the more I fell into a trap of wanting more time to rest... so I started getting all the way up and out of bed with my 5:30 alarm to get water on for hot tea and start my coffee. Once I made it clear to myself that I didn't get "just one more snooze" and would be getting up at 5:30 no matter what the circumstances, my bedtime kind of self-adjusted to a point where I was able to get a good amount of sleep and wake refreshed. I also made a hard and fast rule that I had to be off my PC by a certain time of the evening, and that I wouldn't lay in bed playing games on my phone (if I wanted to play a game on phone, I sat upright to do so and would turn the phone off before "bedtime" so that once it was time to sleep, all I was doing was laying there ready to sleep).

It might be helpful to adjust nighttime routines and/or intake as well, because I know my dinner meal composition (and when I ate it) had a significant impact on my sleep quality and my ability to wake without a fuzzy head. I will say, however, that I'm still very tempted to hit that snooze button when my body starts gearing up toward my monthly days... energy seems to just seep out of me into the landscape when that starts, and I have to seriously adjust a few things to account for the changes.

Archived