pearlgirlfoodforthought

pearlgirl2017

Sept. 9, 2019 - Day 1

Meal 1

Leftover Beef and Cabbage https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/235997/unstuffed-cabbage-roll/?internalSource=search result&referringContentType=search results

Protien - ground beef. Vegetable - cabbage, onion, tomato. Fat - Forgot to add a fat.  Again.  That always seems to be where I goof up.

Day 2 - not so great with the food today.  Compliant, but not enough of everything.  

Meal 1 - sauteed diced onions and kale in bacon drippings with 4 scrambled eggs (only ate half though), 1 dole mandarin orange fruit cup.  Again, no added fat.

Meal 2 - leftover Beef and Cabbage.  Again, no added fat.

Meal 3 - dinner was again 3 hard-boiled eggs (salted), a small Honeycrisp apple and almond butter.

I did drink all my recommended water again today (yea me!)

I haven't had any coffee for the last two days.  I don't like nutpods, and I can't find an almond milk creamer that doesn't have any sugar.  Plain almond milk is a no-go, so I'd rather just do without.  It's decaf anyway.

Sept. 11 - Day 3

Still feel a slight headache.  Incredibly thirsty.

Meal 1 - 2 eggs scrambled in bacon drippings with onions and kale

Meal 2 - Delmonte canned green beans, rinsed and drained with canned skipjack tuna and balsamic vinegrette

Snack - banana

Meal 3 - Pork shoulder and cauliflower rice

My meal plan for next week will have a better variety of vegetables and a specifically mentioned added fat.  Sauces and dressings are so easy.  Why haven't I made any yet?

Sept. 12 - Day 4

Woke up on my own, before the alarm.  Decided to go to the gym and do the circuit workout. 

Meal 1 - 2-1/2 eggs scrambled in bacon drippings (my man ate the other 2-1/2 eggs), 12 oz. V-8.  It was a rushed morning because of the unplanned gym visit.

Meal 2 - leftover pork shoulder and cauliflower rice

Meal 3 - Schwan's salmon filet and Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts with a lemon/oil dressing (ha! finally remembered to add a fat!).   https://whole30.com/best-of-whole30-recipes-valentines-day/.  You have to scroll down to find this recipe.  

Snack - banana

Still doing well at drinking all my recommended water.

Sept. 13 - Day 5

It took the alarm to get me up this morning. A little sore from yesterdays workout. I seem to have found the tightest jeans I have in my wardrobe.  I hope to feel them looser by the end of these thirty days.

Meal 1 - 2 poached eggs on top of yesterdays Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts with the lemon/oil dressing.  Some diluted black coffee.

Snack at about 4 pm - Cashew Cookie LaraBar

Meal 2 - last of the pulled pork with cauliflower rice, olives and a small apple.

Still managed to drink all my water for the day.

Sept. 16 - Day 8 - Monday

Spent most of Sunday cooking and washing clothes.  Made a soup for my lunches for this week.  Mondays are always tough to get out of bed.  I stayed up too late reading.

Meal 1 - 1 slice bacon, leftover boiled brussels sprouts scrambled into 3 eggs

Meal 2 - Slow cooker chicken and sweet potato stew from one of the Whole30 cookbooks

Meal 3 - big salad consisting of butterhead lettuce, about 12 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cucumber, green onion and 2 hard-boiled eggs. Basalmic vinigrette. 

Drank all my water for the day.

I didn't have any cravings for anything today.  Still waiting for my jeans to fit a little looser and my tummy to look a little flatter.

Sept. 17 - Day 9 

I find that, for me, if I open a can of LaCroix in the morning I don't drink the rest of my water throughout the day as I should.  So Day 9 was a bust on the required amount of water.

I also screwed up and had some peanut butter.  Right out of the jar.  Didn't even think about it first.  Was it a bad day?  Did I feel the need to cheat?  I don't know.  I just know I wanted some so I ate some.  Now I'm telling myself over and over to stay the course.  Don't give up. Don't give up.

Meal 1 - 1 slice bacon, 1/2 of a Sweet and Savory Blueberry Omelet with spinach https://www.stephgaudreau.com/sweet-and-savory-blueberry-omelet/

Meal 2 - a serving of the Nutty Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew w/slivered almonds from the Whole30 Slow Cooker Cookbook 

snack before making dinner - hardboiled egg

Meal 3 - canned sliced carrots, thin cut pork chop, side salad w/dressing,

then as I said, totally non-compliant peanut butter.

Sept. 18 - Day 10

As I mentioned before, this isn't going to work if I keep "sneaking" in anything that is non-compliant.  Time to redouble my efforts and make this happen as it should.

Meal 1 - the other half of the Blueberry Omelet (no other added fat this morning)

Meal 2 - a serving of the Nutty Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew

Meal 3 - baked salmon filet with fresh lemon juice and Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil, steamed yellow squash with ghee and green beans.

Drank all my required water for the day.

Archived