diverticular disease

Dave3

• Moderators

In general, following whole30 guidelines, including the meal template, should help with the pre-diabetes, although it may take a few weeks of following it consistently to really notice much difference. For the diverticulitis/diverticulosis, what foods has your doctor told you to eat or to avoid? How does that compare to what is or isn't allowed on whole30? I'm not familiar with all the guidelines usually suggested for these, but for instance, I think it's usually recommended to avoid nuts and seeds, and that should not be a problem for whole30. Those items would be included as healthy fats, and there are other options to use as fats instead.

This page:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/ has the meal template, and also a very general shopping list, you could take the shopping list and mark out the stuff you can't have, and see what's left. When you've done that, if you still need suggestions, we'll be better able to help with the specific items you need to avoid or include.

Most of the wonderful vegetables are not recommended for diverticulitis, i.e. kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts, zucchini seeds, tomato seeds, cucumber seeds, peas, corn, anything that produces gas, etc. My doctor wasn't very helpful.  The things he said I can eat for diverticulitis are bad for diabetes, like white bread and white rice instead of brown rice and whole wheat.  I need a selection of vegetables and fruits that don't flare the diverticulitis.

I was hoping someone at Whole 30 had some experience with this and could give me some guidance.

Archived