constipation

I'm on day 4, and for some reason have not had one bowel movement since starting the program!  Which seems very weird - I'm usually extremely regular (every single morning like clockwork and occasionally throughout the day as well).  However- I've been having occasional constipation leading up to this, which was one of the reasons I chose to take the challenge.  

Apologies if this is already a topic, I honestly could not figure out how to search the topics here.  

Main questions:  1. any tips on getting things moving  2. would you advise taking a gentle, natural laxative tea such as 'Smooth Move' ?  I generally hate resorting to that since it causes painful stomach cramps, but things are getting desperate.  3. could this be contributing to my very low energy?

Usually constipation is caused by lack of either water or fat.
Make sure you are drinking enough water, and also that you are adding enough fat to all your meals.

One old granny trick: drink a glass of warm water before breakfast.
It usually helps getting things moving.

I would not advise to use laxatives unless you feel really bad. 
Constipation may mean that something in your diet is not working 100%, and learning what it is and how to solve it will lead to better long-term results.

Archived