Yes, another Coconut Amino Question.

Tasha30

Hello,

So I read the sticky on Coconut Aminos being W30 approved, but I didn't fully understand if the aminos I have are compliant or not based on the sticky, so I figured I'd ask.

The sticky states: ".....From there, you can do a few things with the nectar: brew it down with sea salt and water (natural fermentation may be part of this process) and turn it into aminos; dry it and allow it to granulate, turning it into coconut sugar; or sell it as coconut syrup, a liquid sweetener substitute.

So technically, all aminos are derived from a sugar source—but not all labels are clear about that. Which means that according to the current rules, some brands of aminos are out, while some are allowed, based solely on the way the companies chose to write the ingredients on the label." Furthermore, unlike the other two forms of coconut nectar, aminos are not a sugar substitute.  Would you add it to your coffee or tea, or pour it over berries? (EW.)"

The coconut aminos I just bought state the ingredients are organic coconut syrup and Himalayan salt. If I read the sticky right, then coconut syrup falls under the "other" form of coconut nectar and would not be compliant. It says total grams of sugar are 6g and then says under that, that it includes 6 grams of added sugars. So has this been sweetened and therefore is not compliant? I've searched the forums for Coconut Syrup and it seems like no one has asked this exact question in relation to coconut aminos.

Archived