Starting September 23 - Scheduling Questions

Jfitchandre

Hi, I'm Jessica. I have been on a lot of trends and I find that strict things work well for me. I'm a first timer on Whole30.

I do have a question. I work 3pm-8pm, get home around 8:15 and my husband and I go to bed at 10:30 or so. 

When should I have dinner? Is it okay to eat that late or should I just try to be full enough for the rest of the day before work? Just hard to justify eating a big meal right before dinner, hence why I usually reach for chips or a protein bar for "dinner."

• Moderators

You may have to try some different options to find what works best for you. If you have acid reflux or get indigestion or heartburn, you probably want to make sure you are done eating at least two hours before bed, because eating and then lying down can make those symptoms worse. Other than that it is up to you, if you eat that close to bedtime and it doesn't bother you and that's what works best for you as far as timing, you can do that.

If you don't want to do that, eating just before work will probably keep you satisfied until you get home, and possibly through the night, but you could have a small amount of food when you get home if you need to. It's best to have a mini-meal with some protein, some fat, and some vegetables, or at least two of the three. 

Ideally, for best results, everyone would eat within an hour of waking up in the morning (unless you work out first thing, then you'd do a little bit of food as pre-workout, then breakfast as soon as you can after your workout). Then, plan to have a meal every 4-5 hours after that.  You might consider that timing and see how it lines up with your work hours. But if you can't do that, find what works for you. 

Archived