Cholesterol - bringing down the numbers....

PSZ

I am eating, fasting, exercising and feeling great.

My problem remains with my total Cholesterol numbers being high.

My bad is high, but my good is good.

When I was taking fiber, Reds and Greens power supplements - my numbers were outstanding.

However, since Whole30, as I now look to return to my power regiments, I find their contents are not Whole30 friendly.

As I see these supplements might be needed to achieve my goal - Cholesterol - bringing down the numbers... - my question is:

Do you have any recommendations for Fiber, Reds and Greens supplements which ARE Whole30 friendly?

Your guidance and recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank YOUS!

STAY WELL!

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
  • Whole30 Certified Coach
On 9/22/2019 at 8:31 AM, PSZ said:

I am eating, fasting, exercising and feeling great.

My problem remains with my total Cholesterol numbers being high.

My bad is high, but my good is good.

When I was taking fiber, Reds and Greens power supplements - my numbers were outstanding.

However, since Whole30, as I now look to return to my power regiments, I find their contents are not Whole30 friendly.

As I see these supplements might be needed to achieve my goal - Cholesterol - bringing down the numbers... - my question is:

Do you have any recommendations for Fiber, Reds and Greens supplements which ARE Whole30 friendly?

Your guidance and recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank YOUS!

STAY WELL!

Paul

Hi Paul,

Have you tried increasing the amount of fruits and vegetables you're eating?  Do you seem to be eating more, less, or the same since you started Whole30?

My question here would be -- have you tried reintroducing the supplement the same way you would with the food groups you've omitted for Whole30, just to see if there are negative effects accompanying the positive ones? (Remember that would mean that you're going from Whole30-primed to testing just that supplement for the day, maybe two days in this case, and then going back to strict compliance while noting any effects you experience.)

Whole30 is just an elimination diet which provides us an ideal testing ground for reintroducing foods/groups. Not everyone has to avoid the foods nixed by Whole30 forever, and I'd wager that many actually do much better WITH some of those non-compliant foods than they do without them... but it all depends on the individual body system. Yours may actually do just fine with using the supplements you were used to using, and if they work well without ill effect then I'd say keep on using what works now that you're not actually mid-round so don't necessarily have to follow the strict rules of Whole30. (Just remember to either avoid them during a Whole30 round, or talk with your doctor about it before deciding to include them on-round!)

Shea's note above about checking your actual food intake (i.e., monitoring your intake of high-fiber foods) is valid, also, especially if you do want to try to manage your situation without using supplements at all (or at least without using the one you used before). I'd say maybe reflect on the past week or so of meals, or start today and journal your next week of meals, and go from there to see how much fiber you're getting on a daily basis (there are online calculators for this). If you see that you can make some changes to see if you experience improvement that way, it's definitely worth trying.

Archived