Starting October 21st. Anyone else? Also, I’m looking for insight on the reintroduction piece of this journey!

sewdarncrafty

Welcome Cathy! I honestly don't have a big sweet tooth. Sorry. I do really like raw cashews. So hard to find roasted nuts that don't use peanut oil. I like seedless clementines from time to time. And if I'm REALLY jonesing for a sweet (which is pretty rare), I like a frozen banana sprinkled with 100% cacao powder. I DO, however, DEFINITELY miss a drink in the evening. Or on the weekend with friends/watching football, etc. But obviously, I've done that too much, or I wouldn't be where I'm at. Lol

Glad to have another person on this thread. Was just Irishboy and I for awhile there. Although I do enjoy his comraderie!! :)

Good luck this weekend and hope to hear how you are doing soon!!

Anissa

Welcome Suzy72!

I'm telling you...the hardest part is committing. Once you do, the rest will come. Take tomorrow to shop and meal prep and join us on Monday. You will be SOOOOOO glad you did. I'm 6 days in and feeling good. My skin is starting to look better...I actually slept through the night last night. And it will just keep getting better.

But stay on this thread and share ur thoughts with us. We're here to answer any questions or offer support.

You CAN DO IT!!!

Anissa

Mark:

Happy Saturday! Hope you and the fam are having a wonderful weekend. Yesterday was chaos. My daughter got hurt in her post season soccer game, so we were off to the Dr. last night. But my son was there b/c he goes to college near by, so it actually ended up being a nice evening b/c we went out for dinner after. She's OK. Torn ligaments in her hip. She'll be out a week or more, so tournament next weekend, but life goes on. We're on the home stretch (she's a senior) & she's committed to a College for next year. We just need to get her there healthy. Lol the dinner place my son chose looked amazing. They had a GREAT meal! I had a side salad with avocado and lemons and a black coffee. I'd really like to go back after this Whole 30 is done. But I still had a great time with my kids, so it was totally worth going.

I worked most of today. And I will do the same tomorrow. Partly b/c of just coming back from vacation, partly to stay busy...plus, when I don't imbibe in alcohol on the weekends, I'm more clear headed to get things done. Plus, I do like my work, and like the money. Lol

As far as eating goes...I can do this all the time, honestly. I'd ease up on the added sugar so things would be a little easier, but other than that, I love eating this way. It is expensive. When both my kids are home and they eat our Whole30 meals, I can spend $300+ week. Is that INSANE?!? That's probably my biggest complaint. And eating out. We have to eat out a couple times next week b/c we have family coming into town. I know it's possible, ask a lot of questions, but I just find that tedious. It ruins he experience for me. I'd rather just eat at home. Oh well. I'll manage. I do prefer to eat smaller meals several times throughout the day, but try to stick to the template and 3 meals a day. I end up eating my breakfast over a couple hours (while working - I know, not ideal, but that's my life). So it sort of feels like I'm snacking. 

Oh my G*D about your marathon injury. That's terrible! 

Anyway, enjoy your Sunday and I'm sure we'll touch base next week!

Anissa

Hi Cathy  

Great to have yo on board.i find the sugar cravings go after a week. 

I go hardcore and try blank it. 

I do find some foods give a sugar like taste. But that could be my brain. I find my taste buds turn to a savoury direction through the fact they have no choice. 

Well done

Mark

On 10/27/2019 at 1:11 AM, Niss6575 said:

Mark:

Happy Saturday! Hope you and the fam are having a wonderful weekend. Yesterday was chaos. My daughter got hurt in her post season soccer game, so we were off to the Dr. last night. But my son was there b/c he goes to college near by, so it actually ended up being a nice evening b/c we went out for dinner after. She's OK. Torn ligaments in her hip. She'll be out a week or more, so tournament next weekend, but life goes on. We're on the home stretch (she's a senior) & she's committed to a College for next year. We just need to get her there healthy. Lol the dinner place my son chose looked amazing. They had a GREAT meal! I had a side salad with avocado and lemons and a black coffee. I'd really like to go back after this Whole 30 is done. But I still had a great time with my kids, so it was totally worth going.

I worked most of today. And I will do the same tomorrow. Partly b/c of just coming back from vacation, partly to stay busy...plus, when I don't imbibe in alcohol on the weekends, I'm more clear headed to get things done. Plus, I do like my work, and like the money. Lol

As far as eating goes...I can do this all the time, honestly. I'd ease up on the added sugar so things would be a little easier, but other than that, I love eating this way. It is expensive. When both my kids are home and they eat our Whole30 meals, I can spend $300+ week. Is that INSANE?!? That's probably my biggest complaint. And eating out. We have to eat out a couple times next week b/c we have family coming into town. I know it's possible, ask a lot of questions, but I just find that tedious. It ruins he experience for me. I'd rather just eat at home. Oh well. I'll manage. I do prefer to eat smaller meals several times throughout the day, but try to stick to the template and 3 meals a day. I end up eating my breakfast over a couple hours (while working - I know, not ideal, but that's my life). So it sort of feels like I'm snacking. 

Oh my G*D about your marathon injury. That's terrible! 

Anyway, enjoy your Sunday and I'm sure we'll touch base next week!

Anissa

HI Anissa

I thought I posted a reply earlier obviously didn't  hit send. Hope yr daughter recovers quickly. Holiday weekend here so whoo hoo. 

I have made chicken broth & Whole 30 compliant mayo. So that helps with meals. I doing this whole with one of my Tri pals so theres alot of dinner photos going back and forward on WhatsApp. 

I had to collect my marathon pack at the expo to give to someone elseand than I went out and supported. I must like punishing myself. 

Ran 3.5 x 3 times this week with no effects so slowly slowly catchy monkey. Is the method I'm applying. If I get through the next 2 weeks I'll sign up to a 1/2 marathon in January for world half marathon day. Well done week 1 over. 

Good luck 

Mark

Morning everyone!! (aka Mark. Lol)

Well...we're on to day 9. Almost a 1/3 of the way there. The next couple days will be challenging. Dinner out with Joe's family tonight b/c his brother's in town from Miami. (Joe's 49th birthday is Halloween - we are going to see a play at a theatre I work at and make a yummy Whole 30 meal on Friday. His brother's 50th birthday is Friday.) I plan to eat salad at the restaurant tonight and drink tea. I packed a bunch of extra food today so I won't be hungry at that time. Tomorrow is dinner at Joe's mom's. That will be even more of a struggle. They don't really even get Joe's good issues, but they try. I have to work late that day, so I'm hoping to just show up, hang for a bit, then go home and eat my own food. It's really about seeing family, not eating anyway. hopefully they will understand. Not everyone does, which can be frustrating. Anywho... positive thoughts.

I haven't worked out much this week. Always busy with work, and just a little more tired than normal. Trying to listen to my body. The most important thing is Whole 30 at this point. I do have a session with my trainer friend Wednesday & Friday this week. Maybe I'll try and hit the gym with Joe this weekend.

I love WhatsApp. My mom is in Spain right now and is sending me the coolest pics!

Congrats on getting some runs in. I'm glad you're feeling good.

Off to get ready for the day! Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.

Anissa

On 10/25/2019 at 11:00 PM, Suzy72 said:

Hello! I’m wanting to start whole 30, but am currently struggling with committing to it. My plan is to begin Monday the 28th. 

Go for it. You won’t regret it. Are u comfortable with doing through each Christmas holiday? 

On 10/29/2019 at 11:02 AM, Niss6575 said:

Morning everyone!! (aka Mark. Lol)

Well...we're on to day 9. Almost a 1/3 of the way there. The next couple days will be challenging. Dinner out with Joe's family tonight b/c his brother's in town from Miami. (Joe's 49th birthday is Halloween - we are going to see a play at a theatre I work at and make a yummy Whole 30 meal on Friday. His brother's 50th birthday is Friday.) I plan to eat salad at the restaurant tonight and drink tea. I packed a bunch of extra food today so I won't be hungry at that time. Tomorrow is dinner at Joe's mom's. That will be even more of a struggle. They don't really even get Joe's good issues, but they try. I have to work late that day, so I'm hoping to just show up, hang for a bit, then go home and eat my own food. It's really about seeing family, not eating anyway. hopefully they will understand. Not everyone does, which can be frustrating. Anywho... positive thoughts.

I haven't worked out much this week. Always busy with work, and just a little more tired than normal. Trying to listen to my body. The most important thing is Whole 30 at this point. I do have a session with my trainer friend Wednesday & Friday this week. Maybe I'll try and hit the gym with Joe this weekend.

I love WhatsApp. My mom is in Spain right now and is sending me the coolest pics!

Congrats on getting some runs in. I'm glad you're feeling good.

Off to get ready for the day! Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.

Anissa

Hi All/Nissa. 

Having issues with my phone . So it's not posting messages. 

Day 11 over 1/3  the way through. Into double digits. 

Lunch was a bit all over the place the last few days , but it was worth it as we had loads of family time. I'm at home painting and decorating so meals will be back on track. 

I agree going out and family occasions are hard because you feel like yr having to explain  yourself without preaching.  Ah. Well. 

No fresh here so I'm off to paint . Best of luck today. 

Settyfitness. I wouldn't (my opinion) over  Christmas. Too much going on . I usually prep and get ready to go again when the madness stops. 

Happy Halloween.

Mark

so Monday, day 15 , half way there. i was home for  whole days last weekend found not snacking hard , but yesterday was the hardest since i started, went to the local garden centre to break the monotony  of the day, lots of cakes , not too bothered, but i honed in on a 3 cheese scone , wow i just wanted it. had a chat with myself and got over it.

hows everyone doing hopefully on still on track

Hey Mark!

I'm still here. Just literally going in a million different directions. We are in the process of buying a house. And if it's not one thing , it's 10 others. I am thankful to thinking clearly here on Whole30, but man, not being able to relax and have a drink or two at the end of the day or on the weekends is TOUGH for me. Joe's not doing Whole 30 with me. And I'm fine with that. It's my choice. But it's definitely harder when your partner isn't. Watching him "enjoy" the weekend was hard. Not sure why "enjoy" is synonymous with eat & drink, but it is. Trying to really evaluate and reshape my thinking. It's been 25 years of living that way. Not sure it's going to change. Maybe I can modify so I can still enjoy w/o totally throwing myself off track.

Food-wise, I'm good. A little bored. But not terrible. Worked 12 hours yesterday and have another 12 hour day ahead today. Not a fan, but the work needs to be done. I also tend to overwork on Whole 30 b/c ..well, why not? I'm not sitting around having drinks and being lazy. Might as well keep my clients happy, get the work done and make money (aka pay for the house we're buying. Lol) still, I know it's not sustainable. All work and no play...

I have been trying to up my workouts. It's tough when you work all the time. I will get at least 3, possibly 4 in this week. The girl I train with has read about Whole 30 and she said we should really start to see some positive results in this week. I guess she's referring to the elusive Tiger Blood. Lol I just want to lose about 10 lbs this month. Fingers crossed. I did on my other 2. 

That's where I'm at in a nutshell. Happy to be on the 2nd half. Contemplating just staying on until Thanksgiving. We see what kind of results I have at the end of 30 days. That will probably be my deciding factor. I completely agree it's about more than weight, NSV are great...but, well...Lol

Hope you have a great day. I'll check in again soon.

Anissa

HI Nissa

Sounds like your day is as full as mine, i don't mind busy and a bit of madness once i can see some light at the end of it. yeah i find food boredom is a thing with the whole 30 especially when its week 3/4.

i do like to unwind with a glass of wine, love reds never took to white but i find it doesn't love me back. My wife still enjoys a glass of white, but i'm not to phased as i usually train early most weekends so don't engage, so I've got used to it.

I'm starting to see little differences, clothes looser, skin clearer, concentration is much better, sleep , all the good stuff. 

i starting to look into which way i approach life after the whole 30. I will try Paleo until the biscuit tins are opened.

i will definitely control what i eat, but December will be hard, a lot of Gigs and social events so i know the start of January i will restart reset and kick off again.

Chin up, don't slip up now as finish line approaches.

Mark  

Archived