Interstitial cystitis and recurrent bladder infection

I am at day 22 of my first Whole30. I have symptoms of bladder infection daily, but now I have a bladder infection. Has anyone found that eliminating a food from diet helped? What food? If I need to take antibiotics, how will this effect reintroduction that is just around the corner? I have been taking probiotics, Dmannose, vitamin C all along.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Whole30 Certified Coach
On 10/8/2019 at 12:12 AM, marmar said:

I am at day 22 of my first Whole30. I have symptoms of bladder infection daily, but now I have a bladder infection. Has anyone found that eliminating a food from diet helped? What food? If I need to take antibiotics, how will this effect reintroduction that is just around the corner? I have been taking probiotics, Dmannose, vitamin C all along.

Hi Marmar,

I would definitely consult your doctor about your symptoms, and make sure you're drinking plenty of water.  Do you feel like you're adequately hydrated?

• 1 year later...

I'm actually around the same time frame--Day 22-ish--and have the same thing going on. I did have a urinalysis performed and the results came back negative but I'm still having the same symptoms (two days into taking Macrobid). The nurse practitioner told me it's possible that I have interstitial cystitis or could have a vaginal (yeast) infection that's contributing to the issue since I apparently do not have a UTI. 

I've tried Whole30 one other time and around the 22-day mark that time, I experienced severe itchiness in my rectum, particularly after #2. Sorry if TMI, but one of the things I read about was that it was possible that this was a build-up of candida leaving my body. I'm wondering if it has somehow caused the bladder issue I'm currently experiencing. I did make an appointment with a urologist but I have to wait until late February to be seen because of how booked the appointment schedule is.

Archived