Tevenie's Whole30 Diary

Tevenie

3 hours ago, Tevenie said:

I made Briam  (Greek Roast Vegetables) last week

That looks delicious!  Thanks for the link.  Its gone onto my list of recipes to try out.  And that mediterranean dish blog!  Those photos!  I had to stop myself from perusing, I was getting too far down the rabbit hole and I need to get stuff done today...

Good luck with your W30 start. 

Ugh, so due to circumstances out of my control (a death in the family), I had to give up on this last week.  I did however, keep to no sugar and no alcohol.  Which is pretty good under the circumstances.  So, moving forward, starting again, pressing on, I need to do this so badly.  I AM SO TIRED.  and I know it is rubbish carbs - bread mostly.  I was going to do some painting this weekend, but I think I will rest and regroup.  And dream of tiger-blood. 

Hope everyone else is doing well.  

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Welcome back!! You've picked a great time, there's a real buzz about September W30s :)

Thank you, I feel all full of early autumnal, crisp early morning air enthusiasm.  I am not sure if that is a thing, but I feel it anyway.  I have just signed up for 30 days of 15 mins a day of Pilates too.  So lots of menu planning and getting ready this weekend.  I am excited to feel well again.  I intend to make sure I go into next year healthy and happy.  Looking forward to chatting with you all again. x

Good morning everyone, hope you all have wonderful days.

Yesterday was day one:-

Breakfast: eggs, spinach, tomatoes baked with avocado.  Delicious!

Lunch: I ate breakfast late so wasn't hungry.  Apple, banana, a handful of mixed nuts.

Dinner: Rib eye steak, homemade coleslaw with red cabbage, carrot and homemade garlic mayo, baked potato with chopped red onion and brussels sprouts.

I felt really well and on top of things all day.  Spent some time doing To Do lists which made me feel like I knew what was going on in my life.  And that is good because mostly I don't. 

Did a 30-minute walk - it wasn't far, but I really felt it - I have been so, so sedentary during lockdown. I got my elderly fitbit out of retirement and I am going to get walking again.

Have a great day x

3 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Happy Day 1!! I too dusted off my old Fitbit and it's really helping with the lockdown movement - I get shamed by how little I'm moving, LOL.

Food sounds great!! 

I was just reading your log and I am ashamed of my food!  Yours sounds like a fancy restaurant menu.  Seriously, covid or not, I am coming to stay with you.

Happy Day 1, and welcome back!  It's a great time to start again, and autumn is a perfect time to begin a walking program with your Fitbit date.  I also pulled mine out of a drawer and am feeling stronger because of it.  

How about Schrodie Cat's food eh? I keep hoping that one day I'm going to read in her log that she's opened a B&B and invited all of her W30 friends over!  :D  

Until then, I'm sticking with pretty basic food for my meals too, same old same old and easy peasy is what works for me.  

12 hours ago, Tevenie said:

I was just reading your log and I am ashamed of my food!  Yours sounds like a fancy restaurant menu.  Seriously, covid or not, I am coming to stay with you.

I'd love to cook for you, you'd be more than welcome! :D I'd love to open up a cafe/restaurant which just specifically catered to dietary needs while still making really amazing meals. Food is my hobby, it shouldn't be, but it is. 

12 hours ago, SchrodingersCat said:

I'd love to cook for you, you'd be more than welcome! :D I'd love to open up a cafe/restaurant which just specifically catered to dietary needs while still making really amazing meals. Food is my hobby, it shouldn't be, but it is. 

*Books flight* you could totally regret saying that.  Food is one of my top hobbies too - I live in Ireland but I long to live a warmer country so I can grow more of my own food - I fantasize about growing tomatoes (what a tragic fantasy life I have!) outside which really isn't possible here!  I did a cookery course at a lovely cookery school set on an organic farm here, where you get to not only cook, but milk the cows; make cheese, dig veg, go fishing!  It was wonderful.  I then worked in a restaurant on an island off the coast.  SUCH HARD WORK!  I toyed with opening a restaurant but seriously I just want to lie about and eat nice food, not make it!

15 hours ago, ShadowInTheKitchen said:

Happy Day 1, and welcome back!  It's a great time to start again, and autumn is a perfect time to begin a walking program with your Fitbit date.  I also pulled mine out of a drawer and am feeling stronger because of it.  

How about Schrodie Cat's food eh? I keep hoping that one day I'm going to read in her log that she's opened a B&B and invited all of her W30 friends over!  :D  

Until then, I'm sticking with pretty basic food for my meals too, same old same old and easy peasy is what works for me.  

Hello again!  Hope you are well.  Autumn is lovely, it could be my favourite but I think that at the beginning of every season :)

Food:-

Breakfast left over roast veg with salmon

Lunch: Fruit mostly.  Must stop doing this but working from home has changed my food itinerary - I no longer want to eat breakfast until mid-morning so am not really hungry for lunch.

Dinner: more roast veg, leftover coleslaw, leftover steak.  It was better than it looks written down.

The new normal for me seems to be eating two meals a day - I am fine with that - I have no one to please but myself and it will be quite some time before I fade away :P

• Moderators

Honestly, I think it's totally fine to do two meals if that's what works for your body and your rhythm--especially after you've completed a more conventional Whole 30. I've been doing it myself somewhat, and a lunch around 11 and a dinner at 5 has worked many days for me. On other days, I get ravenous at night if I haven't had a third meal. It's all learning as long as we're listening and responding to our body's needs and not fooling ourselves with surreptitious restriction (yes, that certainly has been me!).

And I'm so glad you're back! The forum isn't nearly as active as it was years ago, but I'm digging following the handful of us who've done W30 before and are doing it again to get back on track. Pandemic life is no joke, and this feels really supportive to me.

• 1 month later...

Why can I never finish anything?   I can't even remember what happened, actually I do, we sold our family home - and the predictable happened.  

So ANOTHER NEW START!

Today, here in Ireland, we start a six week lockdown - so what better time to begin again.  I have the time to cook and I am not going anywhere.

Breakfast: eggs, spinach, tomatoes baked with olive oil

Lunch: Salmon, brussels sprouts, apple

Dinner: Chicken curry, steamed potatoes, pear.

Exercise: 45 mins brisk walk.

Hope everyone else is well :)

• Moderators

Welcome back and congratulations on selling your house!!! By the by, I'm all set to close on the one I've been wanting to buy this Monday, so YAY US!!

You'll be feeling great in no time now that you're back to prioritizing good eating, and you must cut yourself some slack for being distracted by your move. . . . 

Archived