Are there any Whole30 compliant foods that could cause migraines/headaches?

Except for my horrible migraine/headache on the second day of Whole30, which is to be expected, I've been pain free until today (R1D21). Now I have one. It's mild compared to the ones I normally get, but I'm trying to figure out if it's something I ate.

In my descriptions, everything is whole30 safe, so if I mention hot dogs, assume it's compliant.

Yesterday morning I had scrambled eggs, potatoes, and bacon. Also decaf coffee with almond milk. Lunch was a taco salad (beef with taco seasoning, salsa, and romaine), and also a shake made from almond milk, bananas, and frozen broccoli. For dinner I had 2 plain burgers with mustard, pickles, and lettuce, with potatoes, peppers, and onions on the side. Then before bed I had shelled pistachios (just pistachios and sea salt), and a handful of grapes.

Breakfast this morning was Whole30 approved bacon wrapped in romaine lettuce. For lunch I had broccoli, 2 Whole30 approved hot dogs, and a coconut cream pir larabar. I'm drinking water.

The migraine/headache started this morning, and was pretty mild, but it's starting to get worse.

I DID have really bad dreams and had fallen asleep on the sofa, which isn't super comfortable, and woke up in a weird position, so maybe it's a stress headache, or from being in the wrong position all night?

I also haven't exercised in 3 days.

Or could it be that I don't do well with something I've been eating that's compliant?

Also, I haven't been feeling the Tiger Blood. I only experienced that for one or two days. I'm really dragging all the time. Maybe that's also a food thing?

Thanks for any feedback!

If you haven't been having migraines and then suddenly are and think it's food related, the real test would be to compare what you just ate to what you've been eating before.  Is there anything that you ate recently that you haven't been eating?  Or ate a lot more of?

But to answer your questions:

Yes, it could be a stress headache and from not sleeping well.

Yes, it could be there is a compliant food that doesn't do well with you personally.  For instance, the amount of nuts and almond milk you listed would destroy me.

If you're really dragging all the time, it could be food related.  I personally do better with more starchy vegetables than you've listed.  I especially make an effort to eat a lot of (specifically cooked) vegetables at breakfast, it really sets my day up well and has an effect on afternoon energy.

1 hour ago, slc_melissa said:

If you haven't been having migraines and then suddenly are and think it's food related, the real test would be to compare what you just ate to what you've been eating before.  Is there anything that you ate recently that you haven't been eating?  Or ate a lot more of?

But to answer your questions:

Yes, it could be a stress headache and from not sleeping well.

Yes, it could be there is a compliant food that doesn't do well with you personally.  For instance, the amount of nuts and almond milk you listed would destroy me.

If you're really dragging all the time, it could be food related.  I personally do better with more starchy vegetables than you've listed.  I especially make an effort to eat a lot of (specifically cooked) vegetables at breakfast, it really sets my day up well and has an effect on afternoon energy.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the almonds. I don't think I do well with nuts in general. And the large increase in almond milk and almond butter synchs up with me feeling worse.

I'll try to have more starchy veggies and see if that helps. Thanks!

Archived