jredl

Starting Oct 14, 2019

Hey Everyone! This is my first time around. I am excited (and scared) to slay this sugar dragon! I know my 2 challenges will be that I am the only one doing this plan in my house of 4. Secondly, lunch is the most difficult to plan for as I am out of the house and sandwiches have been the staple. Sure would like to have a buddy. Thanks!

Good luck to you. you have a ton of people here to support you and a ton of resources. I used to have sandwiches for lunch and my easiest solution was finding compliant deli meat (applegate turkey is what I use now) and putting it in a lettuce wrap with cucumbers, tomatoes, and mustard. Sometimes I even add a slice of Whole30 compliant bacon (which applegate also makes). In the last 2 years I mostly use the deli meat on top of a salad with a hard boiled egg and avocado to make like a cobb or chef salad. I hope this helps a little bit. 

Hi Jredl!

I can relate - I'm the only one in my household of 4 as well, with a sorta-kinda supportive spouse who doesn't quite get how rigorous the whole thing is. I eat sandwiches for lunch too, but last week I brought left-over dinner instead, and I really enjoyed having a warm lunch (although it takes a little bit longer, which is a challenge with my job). I can imagine bringing chicken salad in lettuce or endive boats - that could work, and I have big plans to make some big pots of soup. So we'll see! 

I went to your user profile and "followed" you, because I could use a buddy too - I'm worried that I don't have enough support, and this sugar dragon is a big, powerful, lifelong god of mine. Polishing my sword now and preparing to fight for my life! Good luck to you as well!