Starting Oct 14, 2019

jredl

Hey Everyone! This is my first time around. I am excited (and scared) to slay this sugar dragon! I know my 2 challenges will be that I am the only one doing this plan in my house of 4. Secondly, lunch is the most difficult to plan for as I am out of the house and sandwiches have been the staple. Sure would like to have a buddy. Thanks!

Good luck to you. you have a ton of people here to support you and a ton of resources. I used to have sandwiches for lunch and my easiest solution was finding compliant deli meat (applegate turkey is what I use now) and putting it in a lettuce wrap with cucumbers, tomatoes, and mustard. Sometimes I even add a slice of Whole30 compliant bacon (which applegate also makes). In the last 2 years I mostly use the deli meat on top of a salad with a hard boiled egg and avocado to make like a cobb or chef salad. I hope this helps a little bit. 

Hi Jredl!

I can relate - I'm the only one in my household of 4 as well, with a sorta-kinda supportive spouse who doesn't quite get how rigorous the whole thing is. I eat sandwiches for lunch too, but last week I brought left-over dinner instead, and I really enjoyed having a warm lunch (although it takes a little bit longer, which is a challenge with my job). I can imagine bringing chicken salad in lettuce or endive boats - that could work, and I have big plans to make some big pots of soup. So we'll see! 

I went to your user profile and "followed" you, because I could use a buddy too - I'm worried that I don't have enough support, and this sugar dragon is a big, powerful, lifelong god of mine. Polishing my sword now and preparing to fight for my life! Good luck to you as well!

Started yesterday... if you need someone to commiserate with. 

Meal prepping for the week has helped me get away from the sandwiches. I make enough either Buffalo or hamburgers (no bun), then a bunch of veggies to go with it. Frozen tri colored cauliflower, tri colored carrots, and peas, asparagus, (steamed) and a baked potato with some avocado oil to add some fat to it. 

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Neophiyte said:

and peas

You mean snap or snow peas, in the pod? Or like English peas? Because the snap or snow peas are fine, but regular peas are legumes and are not allowed. (You can read more about this in the Can I Have list here:  https://whole30.com/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/)

I am starting today so we have about the same start date!

i like to bring whatever I had for dinner for lunch.  Do you have a microwave wherever you’re at?

another good lunch is tuna salad: with mayo, pickles, onion, cherry tomatoes, and hard boiled egg (celery and carrots optional)

• Whole30 Certified Coach
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:21 PM, RunningForLife said:

I am starting tomorrow. A little scared. The last time I gave up after 15 days ugh ! Hoping to do the whole 30 days this time. 

@RunningForLife We are here to support you!  Reach out with any questions or if you just need some motivation and cheerleading!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived