Symptoms after Whole30 no gall bladder

I had a great Whole30 experience.  Felt amazing and all my bloating and digestive issues went away.  YAY.  I'm now on about Day 44 of Whole30 eating and I'm having extremely painful gas in my stomach and the pain goes up into my shoulder. I have no gall bladder and have been having phantom gall bladder pains.  I'm assuming the high fat in the program is starting to affect my digestive system.  Has anyone else with no gall bladder experienced this and if so any tips on what to do?  Digestive Enzymes maybe? 

• Administrators
On 10/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, Ncolie6 said:

I had a great Whole30 experience.  Felt amazing and all my bloating and digestive issues went away.  YAY.  I'm now on about Day 44 of Whole30 eating and I'm having extremely painful gas in my stomach and the pain goes up into my shoulder. I have no gall bladder and have been having phantom gall bladder pains.  I'm assuming the high fat in the program is starting to affect my digestive system.  Has anyone else with no gall bladder experienced this and if so any tips on what to do?  Digestive Enzymes maybe? 

Sorry to hear that! The program is higher fat and we have heard from previous participants without gallbladders that they can't eat the recommended amounts of fat. You could try cutting back on the fats and just eating larger meals so that you are still satisfied. Of course we cannot give out medical advice so if you are concerned, please see a physician.

• 2 months later...
  • Whole30 Certified Coach

This is a tough one! I would definitely recommend visiting a functional medicine practitioner. Even though you might have similar symptoms, it is highly possible that it might be very different things going on. We run such customized panels based on the patient’s individual issues. Hope you find answers!

Dr. Melissa

Archived