Thinking of quitting - day 20

Reese15

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks into my 2nd round of Whole30.  I haven't noticed any NSV's this time and the sugar and bread cravings are worst now that when I started.  I did my first round back in January.  I increased the sugar and dairy in my diet over the summer to the point I have more joint pain so I thought I would try a 2nd round to reset my taste buds before the holiday season starts.  I don't remember it being this hard or taking this long for the cravings to subside.  Twice this week at work I had my hand going towards doughnuts and stopped myself before I picked one up.  I even took off the end of the week to get away from sweets and other noncompliant food at work.  Nothing tastes good and nothing is satisfying.  Anyone have advice on how to get through to the end?

• Moderators

First, know that you're not alone in finding your second whole30 more challenging than the first, there's even an article about it:  https://whole30.com/second-whole30/

Since you're not enjoying food right now, you're probably not eating enough, so you're hungry, which is not helping with the cravings, so you really need to find something that you will eat. Have you tried some of the recipes you enjoyed last time around? If those are not working for you, maybe find a recipe that looks really good and set aside time this weekend to make it. For everyday type meals, if you don't want very time-consuming recipes, maybe do something simple, but make a flavorful sauce to go on it -- a pesto or chimichurri to drizzle over steak or chicken, a new salad dressing for your vegetables, stir fry or "peanut" sauces for Asian flavors. Just Google whole30 plus whatever type of sauce you want, there's probably recipes out there. Or browse Meljoulwan.com or nomnompaleo.com or other recipe sites for ideas.

Archived