Sign in to follow this  
TrustyMutsi

Reintroduction Day 1: I need advice on what to eat for added sugar day...

This morning I had my first added sugar. I just added white sugar to my decaf coffee and compliant almond milk. I wasn't DYING to have it, and I was still disappointed. I actually tasted kind of acidic, and about 5 minutes later I threw up in my mouth a little, and now I feel a little nauseous.

Does anyone have any suggestions of anything else I can eat today for added sugar besides just adding it to coffee? Maybe nitrate free lunchmeat that has sugar? Maybe a soda that uses sugar and not corn syrup? Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

3 hours ago, TrustyMutsi said:
This morning I had my first added sugar. I just added white sugar to my decaf coffee and compliant almond milk. I wasn't DYING to have it, and I was still disappointed. I actually tasted kind of acidic, and about 5 minutes later I threw up in my mouth a little, and now I feel a little nauseous.

Does anyone have any suggestions of anything else I can eat today for added sugar besides just adding it to coffee? Maybe nitrate free lunchmeat that has sugar? Maybe a soda that uses sugar and not corn syrup? Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Hi @TrustyMutsi!  Great job on completing the Whole30 :) .  Try drinking a sugary fruit juice later on today, and then at dinner having some honey on a sweet potato.  You can also add honey or maple syrup to some of the fruit you've been consuming during your Whole30!  Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, SheaRostan said:

Hi @TrustyMutsi!  Great job on completing the Whole30 :) .  Try drinking a sugary fruit juice later on today, and then at dinner having some honey on a sweet potato.  You can also add honey or maple syrup to some of the fruit you've been consuming during your Whole30!  Hope this helps!

Thanks! I got some honey smoked turkey breast without nitrates. I'll try fruit juice tonight.