Puckertoe 3rd Whole30

Puckertoe

Had a very stressful 5 months of builders making new extension. No proper kitchen for 15 weeks. A running injury in er has stopped me getting as much walking and running as I like. A weight gain of 14lb in that time due to stress mainly. 

So I'm Whole 30 to get my eating back on track. It feels like a positive thing to do. 

Day one. Middle if the night. Got the munchies, feeling blah. 

I remember my first whole 30 3 years ago and having this same problem at the beginning. 

I'm being true to my self and keeping faitith the fact that however I feel. I will not starve... Let's face it I've got plenty of flab to fuel my sleep. 

Worst part will be remembering..... Mindfulness around food. 

Feeling shit this morning and haven't even started. Husband gave me milk in my tea.... Great start. Got him to bring me a cup of camomile instead. 

What do I want to get out of Whole 30 this time? 

Gain control around food. 

Get rid of a lot if inflammation, shoulders, back, legs are all really painful these days. 

It would be nice to stop getting reflux. 

Start feeling positive about myself image. 

Can't flippin edit after 15 mins... So here's the rest of what I was writing when I edited it. 

Feeling shit this morning and haven't even started. Husband gave me milk in my tea.... Great start. Got him to bring me a cup of camomile instead. 

What do I want to get out of Whole 30 this time? 

Gain control around food. 

Get rid of a lot if inflammation, shoulders, back, legs are all really painful these days. 

It would be nice to stop getting reflux. 

Start feeling positive about myself image. 

Triggers for me are

Anything vaguely sweet, but not sweet potatoes as I think they are revolting. 

Being around people eating sweet things

Alcohol isn't a problem, I can take it or leave it. 

Feeling stressed is a big trigger for comfort foods like puddings

Going shopping when hungry or without a list. 

Things I know don't agree with my constitution. 

Wheat. 

Sugar. 

Other thoughts. 

Eggs are a suspect allergen for me. I'm considering doing a egg free Whole 30. 

Legumes are perhaps a real food, they aren't a trigger food. I don't do dips hummus and chips / Crisps etc.  In fact I've been reading the ideas that our bodies require a little of the poisons we call lectins. It trains it, it is a hormetic stressor. Like Hest shock and exercise. 

I may substitute eggs for legumes, but no dips from them. Use them in casseroles. 

After all our relationship to food is individual. a whole 30 based on Melissa Hartwigs triggers and food in tolerances will not necessarily be my ideal. Ie, alcohol not a trigger, eggs probably give me indegestion.i cook every meal we eat already mostly from fresh ingredients, so it's not a cookery school, Im 60 and know myself pretty well.  It's my 3rd Whole30, so I have an idea what value there is to be had in 30 days of real eating. Not kidding myself or my body. 

Archived