Nervous Newbie Starting on Monday, Nov 4

CZC

Hi all! After lots of tummy issues since August, I’ve decided to commit to doing Whole30 for the first time. Im nervous because my birthday and Thanksgiving are this month. I’m also extremely scared of failing. I’m pretty sure that if I slip and have to start all over, I’ll just quit the program because I’ve tried every program under the sun for weight loss and nothing as worked. I’m excited to have this forum as a resource along with social media and YouTube. So this might be the game changer. No one is doing this with me so I’ll be looking for accountability and encouragement here. Here goes nothing! 

Good morning!

As you get ready this weekend with cleaning out or moving the foods that you wont be using, I would like to suggest a change in how you are thinking :)

I'm starting this program for the first time today, yes.. on a Friday, LOL.   I've done low carb for the most part for a few years, but got way off track in the spring, put on 30lbs  and am doing this to reset my mind and body. 

11 hours ago, CZC said:

I’m pretty sure that if I slip and have to start all over, I’ll just quit the program because I’ve tried every program under the sun for weight loss and nothing as worked

So here comes my Pollyanna, optimistic, encouraging, motivational input, lol

Rephrase that into:

I know i can do this as I am doing this to identify the foods that cause me issues and hold me back from achieving my fitness goals, even though I AM NOT doing Whole30 FOR weight loss. I AM doing it to identify the foods that have held me back.

Next up :)

I’ve decided to commit to doing Whole30 for the first time. Im nervous because my birthday and Thanksgiving are this month

Add to that:

I’ve decided to commit to doing Whole30 for the first time. Im nervous because my birthday and Thanksgiving are this monta clear h. However, this is my gift TO ME.  Better health and more energy. I'm thankful for the opportunity to learn more about my body and how it really responds to foods that are not as healthy.  I know that this phase is only 30 days, and I can reintroduce foods after that... IF I still want them.

Last one :)

11 hours ago, CZC said:

I’m excited to have this forum as a resource along with social media and YouTube. So this might be the game changer.

Change to:

I’m excited to have this forum as a resource along with social media and YouTube. So this might be the game changer. This is a TOTAL game changer and I can't wait to see the end results.

There are going to be challenging days, that's normal.  Keep getting that motivation from here or social media, read and reread the lists on non scale victories, focus on the HUGE amount of foods we CAN eat, go thru the off limits list WEEKLY ( to keep it fresh in your mind) and also print off and keep on hand the Whole30 timeline https://whole30.com/revised-timeline/  to know that everything you may go through is perfectly normal.. and NEEDED to reset your body. You HAVE to change your mindset.  you have to have it concrete in your mind that you are doing this to change your unhealthy relationship with some foods, and create a strong base for healthy eating, and a healthy lifestyle. Work on changing your mindset this weekend and you will start the program off with a lot less nerves, and more confidence.

Bear in mind that while I am new to Whole30, I HAVE cut carbs and sugar cold turkey (A1c was 10 at one point - if you know diabetic levels.. thats insane), and having cut those I added the higher fat and protein into my diet.. and LOVED it.  Was it hard at times still? - YES.. but I had to get that blood sugar level down and focused on my WHY and stayed on track.  I know I feel better, look better and have more confidence cutting out carbs and sugar. My challenge with this will be the dairy, but I know that i can do it, even if there are rough days.

:)

Archived